• In 2008-09, Erixon played most of the season with Skelleftea AIK in the Swedish Elite League. Against much older competition, he had seven points (2-5-7) and was a plus-five in 45 games.
• In international play, his season was highlighted by a strong showing at the 2009 World Junior Championships, where he helped Sweden win silver. Erixon was also named to the All-Star team at the 2009 Under-18 World Championship after recording nine points (3-6-9) in six games with Sweden, finishing fifth.
• His father, Jan Erixon, was taken in the second round (30th overall) of the 1981 Entry Draft and joined the Rangers at the start of the 1983-84 season. In 10 seasons, he had 57 goals and 216 points in 556 NHL games.
• He was born in Port Chester, New York before moving back to Sweden and playing on his first hockey team in his hometown of Skelleftea at the age of five.
• He patterns his game after Detroit Red Wings’ defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom and he credits his dad for having the most influence on his career – “he has been my coach for a big part of my career. He has been helpful with his NHL experience”.
• Winning gold at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament in 2007 is one of his most memorable hockey moments.
ERIXON HAS FAMILIAR LOOK
Nicklas Lidstrom and Sidney Crosby
“Low on the stick side”
Gone in 60 Seconds
Eastside Hockey Manager