• After finishing fourth overall in scoring by defensemen with 39 points (14-25-39) in 57 games in 2008-09, Moore was name the USHL Defenseman of the Year and enters the Draft as the highest ranked USHL player by Central Scouting.
• Won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2008 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge, adding two assists in five games in his first international hockey experience.
• After two seasons with the Chicago Steel, Moore will attend Colorado College in the fall of 2009.
• He has lived and played in Illinois his whole career, skating for the first time at the age of two and playing on his first hockey team in the Winnetka Park District House League. Before playing for the Steel in the USHL, he also played for the Chicago Young Americans and the Chicago Mission.
• Moore’s childhood idol was Sergei Fedorov – “I just love the way he played the game and he was fun to watch” and if he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose Washington’s Mike Green, Tiger Woods and actor Will Ferrell.
• His pre-game ritual includes: “playing two-touch with the soccer ball before every game. The whole team gets involved and it gets intense”.
MOORE'S SKATING IS HIS STRENGTH
Washington defenseman Mike Green
“Bow and Arrow”
The Great Gatsby
Pump up song:
“Thunderstruck” by ACDC
Sport (other than hockey):
Place to visit: