• Selected 18th overall by the Olympiques in the 2013 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft, Karabacek finished the 2013-14 campaign fifth in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League rookie scoring with 47 points (21-26—47) in 65 games. He then helped Gatineau advance to the second round in the postseason, recording 12 points (6-6—12) and a plus-11 rating in nine games - the second-highest total among all QMJHL rookies.
• A native of the Czech Republic, Karabacek relocated to Austria to join EC Salzburg for the 2012-13 season. He led the Red Bull Hockey Rookies Cup under-18 circuit with 26 goals and 25 points in 21 games and also tallied three points (2-1—3) in five games for EC Salzburg’s under-20 team.
• He was part of Team Czech Republic’s silver-medal winning team at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship, totaling six points (3-3—6) in seven games.
• Karabacek tallied two assists in four games for the Czech Republic en route to winning a bronze medal on home soil at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial. It was the country’s first top-three finish at the tournament, which they co-host, since 2005.
• Playing with HC Letnany in the Czech Republic’s under-16 league, Karabacek led all players with 61 goals and 104 points in 32 games in 2011-12.
• At the 2014 NHL Scouting Combine, Karabacek finished first in right-hand grip strength at 199 pounds.
KARABACEK KEYS CZECH REPUBLIC WIN AT WORLD U-18 (click here)
“Jump on the boards”
Sport (other than hockey):