• Jacobs compiled 23 points (5-18—23) and a plus-36 rating (fifth in the United States Hockey League) in 2013-14 to help Indiana win the Clark Cup as USHL champions. Under the direction of head coach Jeff Brown, a 13-year NHL veteran, Indiana captured the title one season after a last-place finish.
• Jacobs, who grew up approximately 30 miles north of Detroit in Shelby Township, has committed to Michigan State University for the fall of 2014.
• He won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2013 World Junior A Challenge and also served as an assistant captain for the U.S. at the 2012 Youth Olympic Games, where he recorded three assists in six contests.
• Jacobs aims to model his game after former Ice defenseman and current Boston Bruins standout Torey Krug: “I look up to Torey Krug a lot. I’ve gotten a couple chances to talk to Torey, he just has a lot of great things to say and good advice for me.” Other notable Indiana graduates are Carolina Hurricanes defenseman John-Michael Liles and Detroit Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader.
• He played minor hockey with the Belle Tire organization in Detroit, posting 28 points (9-19—28) in 2010-11 as the team captured the Midwest Elite Hockey League title. In 2011-12, Jacobs joined the Honeybaked under-16 team, totaling 17 points (3-14—17) in 24 games.
INDIANA ICE DISCUSS THRILL OF VICTORY, AGONY OF DISPERSAL (click here)
Detroit Red Wings
“Kick back leg, shoot top right”
“Sword back into the holster”
Friday Night Lights
Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood
Sport (other than hockey):