North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||June 24, 1990
||North York, ON, CAN
- Had seven points (2-5--7) through the first two rounds of the 2008 OHL playoffs helping Oshawa advance past Ottawa and Niagara.
- In his second season with Oshawa he ranked third in OHL scoring among defensemen with 63 points and tied for fifth overall with five shorthanded goals in 2007-08.
- Named to the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game and went four-for-four in target shooting during the skills competition to win the event.
- Scored the game-winning goal to win gold for Team Ontario at the 2007 Canada Winter Games. Also represented Team Canada at the Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial in 2007, helping Canada finish fourth.
- Became the first 16-year-old defenseman ever to play in the OHL All-Star Classic in 2007.
- He wears number four because of Bobby Orr – “he was my favorite player growing up, I used to watch tapes of him all the time. He was my dad's favorite player, and he passed it on to me, and it's been a tradition.”
- Began playing hockey in his hometown for the Stouffville Clippers before playing five seasons each for the Richmond Hill Stars and the Markham Waxers. While playing for Markham he played alongside Sarnia Sting’s Steven Stamkos (ranked first overall) and the Brampton Battalion’s Cody Hodgson (ranked 9th overall).
- The best advice he has been given is to “take it, one shift at a time” by his dad and the most influential people on his career have been his family.
- The one thing he couldn’t live without is his family and if he could be in one movie he would choose “any kind of movie with Denzel Washington”.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment is “falling while demonstrating a drill to young kids at a hockey camp” and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is by OneRepublic.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Bobby Orr, Sidney Crosby, and his mother.
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
NHL Player: Anaheim’s Scott Niedermayer
Shootout move: “Shoot low stick side”
Goal celebration: “Going down on one knee, sweeping the ice and finishing with the fist pump.”
Practice Drill: “5 on 3 powerplay”
Video Game: NHL 2008
Movie: Remember the Titans
TV Show: Two and a half men
Actor: Denzel Washington
Book: Searching for Bobby Orr by Stephen Brunt
Food to cook: Tuna melt
Sport (other than hockey): Soccer
Activity away from the rink: Baseball with roommates
Toy growing up: Mini sticks
Place to shop: American Eagle
Place to visit: Hockey Rink