The Rangers will face-off against the New York Islanders tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 4-5-0 (8 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 3-1, on Tuesday at Prudential Center, and are now 3-2-0 in their last five games. The Blueshirts are 3-1-0 in their last four games at Madison Square Garden. The Islanders enter the contest with a 4-4-1 (9 pts) record to rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, and have lost four of their last six games (2-3-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday, Feb. 10, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in their second meeting in eight days.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 214.
Rangers vs. Islanders Pregame Notes
* The Rangers were 4-1-1 overall against the Islanders last season (3-0-0 mark at home; 1-1-1 mark on the road). Five of their six meetings were decided by two goals or less, including two contests that required extra time. The Rangers outscored the Islanders, 20-14, including a 16-9 advantage after the first period. The Blueshirts' power play was 5-25 (20.0%), led by Brad Richards' two power play goals. Marian Gaborik led the team with five goals and seven points in the season series, while Anton Stralman tallied a team-high, five assists. Henrik Lundqvist was 3-1-0 with a 1.97 GAA, .929 Sv% and one shutout, while Martin Biron was 1-0-1 with a 2.41 GAA and .906 Sv%.
* The Blueshirts enter the contest with a seven-game winning streak against the Islanders at Madison Square Garden, having out-scored the Islanders, 31-10, during the streak.
* The Rangers have registered at least one point in 13 of their last 16 games against the Islanders, posting a record of 11-3-2 over the span dating back to a 5-2 win on Dec. 17, 2009, at Long Island.
* New York are tied for 15th in the NHL with a 3-2-0 (6 pts) record at home; Long Island ranks fifth in the NHL with a 3-1-1 (7 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 1-4-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season; the Islanders are 2-3-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Islanders list no former Rangers on their roster.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 68-37-11-4
At Uniondale: 48-62-8-2
2011-12 Rangers vs. Islanders
Oct. 15 Rangers 2, Islanders 4 at Uniondale
Nov. 15 Rangers 4, Islanders 2 at Uniondale
Dec. 22 Rangers 4, Islanders 2 at MSG
Dec. 26 Rangers 3, Islanders 0 at MSG
Feb. 24 Rangers 3, Islanders 4 (SO) at Uniondale
March 11 Rangers 4, Islanders 3 (OT) at MSG
2013 Rangers vs. Islanders
Feb. 7 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
Feb. 14 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 7 Rangers vs. Islanders at Uniondale
April 13 Rangers vs. Islanders at Uniondale
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 7 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Feb. 10 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 12 Rangers at Boston, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 14 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Feb. 17 Rangers vs. Washington, 6 p.m.
* Ryan Callahan has missed three games with a shoulder subluxation, suffered on Jan. 29.
* Dan Girardi his missed one game with an injury, suffered on Feb. 2.
* Michael Sauer has missed nine games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 19 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|