The Rangers will face-off against the New York Islanders tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their second meeting in seven days. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 7-5-0 (14 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Boston Bruins, 4-3, in the shootout on Tuesday at TD Garden to win the season series against Boston and extend their winning streak to three games. The Blueshirts have now won seven of their last 10 contests after dropping their first two games of the season. The Islanders enter the contest with a 4-7-1 (9 pts) record to rank 14th in the Eastern Conference, and have lost their last five games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Washington Capitals on Sunday, Feb. 17, at Madison Square Garden (6:00 p.m.), in the second game of their three-game homestand.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 92.
Rangers vs. Islanders Pregame Notes
* This is the second of four meetings this season, and their second and final meeting at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers are 1-0-0 in the season series, following a 4-1 win on Feb. 7 at Madison Square Garden. The Blueshirts' power play is 1-2 (50.0%), while the penalty kill is 5-5 (100.0%) in the series. Rangers' rookie J.T. Miller leads all skaters with two goals, while Ryan McDonagh (one goal, one assist) and Marc Staal (two assists) are tied with Miller for the series lead in scoring with two points apiece. Henrik Lundqvist is 1-0-0 with a 1.00 GAA and .964 Sv% in the series.
* The Blueshirts enter the contest with an eight-game winning streak against the Islanders at Madison Square Garden, having outscored the Islanders, 35-11, during the streak.
* The Rangers have registered at least one point in 14 of their last 17 games against the Islanders, posting a record of 12-3-2 over the span, dating back to a 5-2 win on Dec. 17, 2009, at Long Island.
* New York is tied for sixth in the NHL with a 5-2-0 (10 pts) record at home; Long Island ranks 11th in the NHL with a 3-2-1 (7 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 2-4-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season; the Islanders are 2-4-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Islanders list no former Rangers on their roster.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 69-37-11-4
At Uniondale: 48-62-8-2
2013 Rangers vs. Islanders
Feb. 7 Rangers 4, Islanders 1 at MSG
Feb. 14 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 7 Rangers vs. Islanders at Uniondale
April 13 Rangers vs. Islanders at Uniondale
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 14 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Feb. 17 Rangers vs. Washington, 6 p.m.
Feb. 19 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.
Feb. 21 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 23 Rangers at Montreal, 7 p.m.
* Michael Sauer has missed 12 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 23 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|