The Rangers will face-off against the Washington Capitals tonight at Madison Square Garden (6:00 p.m.), in the second game of their three-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 7-5-1 (15 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the New York Islanders, 4-3, in the shootout on Thursday at Madison Square Garden, to end their three-game winning streak. The Blueshirts have now registered at least one point in eight of their last 11 contests (7-3-1) after dropping the first two games of the season. The Capitals enter the contest with a 5-8-1 (11 pts) record to rank 15th in the Eastern Conference, and have won their last three games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will conclude their three-game homestand when they face-off against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six matchup.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Capitals Pregame Notes
* The Rangers were 2-2-0 overall (1-1-0 at home; 1-1-0 on the road) against Washington in the 2011-12 regular season. The Rangers outshot the Capitals, 129-87, including a 47-24 advantage in the third period. Ryan Callahan led the team with four assists and five points in the season series, while Brian Boyle and Ruslan Fedotenko tied for the team-high with two goals. Henrik Lundqvist was 2-1-0 with a 3.00 GAA, and Martin Biron was 0-1-0 with a 4.01 GAA.
* The Rangers have won five of their last seven regular-season games against the Capitals, outscoring Washington, 26-14, over the span.
* New York is tied for fourth in the NHL with a 5-2-1 (11 pts) record at home; Washington is tied for 22nd in the NHL with a 2-4-1 (5 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 2-0-0 vs. the Southeast Division this season; the Capitals are 1-2-1 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Capitals
At MSG: 47-38-9-2
At Washington: 38-48-9-3
2011-12 Rangers vs. Washington
Nov. 23 Rangers 6, Capitals 3 at Washington
Dec. 28 Rangers 1, Capitals 4 at Washington
Feb. 12 Rangers 3, Capitals 2 at MSG
April 7 Rangers 1, Capitals 4 at MSG
2013 Rangers vs. Washington
Feb. 17 Rangers vs. Capitals at MSG
March 10 Rangers vs. Capitals at Washington
March 24 Rangers vs. Capitals at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 17 Rangers vs. Washington, 6 p.m.
Feb. 19 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.
Feb. 21 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 23 Rangers at Montreal, 7 p.m.
Feb. 26 Rangers vs. Winnipeg, 7 p.m.
* Michael Sauer has missed 13 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 24 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|