The Rangers conclude their three-game homestand when they face-off against the Montreal Canadiens tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six matchup. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 8-5-1 (17 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Washington Capitals, 2-1, on Sunday at Madison Square Garden, to extend their point streak to five games (4-0-1). The Blueshirts have now registered at least one point in nine of their last 12 contests (8-3-1) after dropping the first two games of the season. The Canadiens enter the contest with a 10-4-1 (21 pts) record to rank second in the Eastern Conference, and have won their last four games. Following tomorrow's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, Feb. 21, at Scotiabank Place (7:30 p.m.), in the first of two straight road games.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Canadiens Pregame Notes
* The Rangers were 2-2-0 overall (2-0-0 at home; 0-2-0 on the road) against Montreal in the 2011-12 season. The Rangers outscored the Canadiens, 5-2, in the first period. New York's power play was 3-17 (17.6%) in the series. Derek Stepan led the team with five assists/points in the season series, while Michael Del Zotto led the Rangers with three goals and all team defensemen with four points. Henrik Lundqvist was 2-1-0 with a 2.67 GAA, and Martin Biron was 0-1-0 with a 4.01 GAA.
* The Rangers enter the contest with a three-game winning streak against the Canadiens at Madison Square Garden, having outscored Montreal, 15-7, during the streak.
* Only one of the Rangers and Canadiens last five meetings have been decided by fewer than three goals, a 5-3 win for the Blueshirts on Nov. 5, 2011 at MSG. The Rangers have posted a record of 3-2-0 over the span.
* New York is tied for second in the NHL with a 6-2-1 (13 pts) record at home; Montreal is tied for 12th in the NHL with a 3-1-1 (7 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 3-1-0 vs. the Northeast Division this season; the Canadiens are 2-0-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* Montreal lists one former Ranger on its roster: Brandon Prust (2009-10 to 2011-12).
* Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh was originally selected by the Canadiens as a first round choice, 12th overall, in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Canadiens
At MSG: 127-123-54-1
At Montreal: 64-197-40-2
2011-12 Rangers vs. Montreal
Nov. 5 Rangers 5, Canadiens 3 at MSG
Nov. 19 Rangers 0, Canadiens 4 at Montreal
Jan. 15 Rangers 1, Canadiens 4 at Montreal
March 30 Rangers 4, Canadiens 1 at MSG
2013 Rangers vs.Montreal
Feb. 19 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSG
Feb. 23 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
March 30 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 19 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.
Feb. 21 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 23 Rangers at Montreal, 7 p.m.
Feb. 26 Rangers vs. Winnipeg, 7 p.m.
Feb. 28 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
* Darroll Powe is out with a concussion, suffered on Feb. 17.
* Michael Sauer has missed 14 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 25 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|