The Rangers will face-off against the Winnipeg Jets tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to begin a four-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank 10th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 8-7-2 (18 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 3-0, on Saturday at Bell Centre, and are now 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. The Blueshirts have registered at least one point in 10 of their last 15 contests (8-5-2) after dropping the first two games of the season. The Jets enter the contest with an 8-9-1 (17 pts) record to rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, and have won three of their last four games. Following tonight’s contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday, Feb. 28, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their third meeting this month.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Jets Pregame Notes
* The Rangers weres 4-0-0 overall (2-0-0 at home; 2-0-0 on the road) against Winnipeg in the 2011-12 season. The Rangers outscored the Jets, 12-3, including a 6-0 advantage in the third period. The Rangers' power play was 5-20 (25.0%), while the penalty kill held the Jets scoreless in 12 shorthanded situations in the series. Ryan Callahan (three goals, two assists), Marian Gaborik (two goals, three assists) and Michael Del Zotto (one goal, four assists) tied for the series lead in scoring with five points apiece. Callahan's three goals led all skaters, and Del Zotto tallied a series-leading, four assists. Henrik Lundqvist was 2-0-0 with a 1.00 GAA, .957 Sv% and one shutout, while Martin Biron was 2-0-0 with a 0.50 GAA, .980 Sv% and one shutout.
* The Rangers' 2-1 victory over the Jets on Oct. 24, 2011, was the team's first win in Winnipeg since a 5-4 victory against the previous Winnipeg Jets franchise on Nov. 21, 1992.
* New York is tied for seventh in the NHL with a 6-3-1 (13 pts) record at home; Winnipeg ranks 10th in the NHL with a 5-4-1 (11 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 3-0-0 vs. the Southeast Division this season; the Jets are 3-3-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers list no former Jets on their roster.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Jets
At MSG: 9-9-1-5
At Atlanta/Winnipeg: 14-6-0-4
2011-12 Rangers vs. Winnipeg
Oct. 24 Rangers 2, Jets 1 at Winnipeg
Nov. 6 Rangers 3, Jets 0 at MSG
Jan. 24 Rangers 3, Jets 0 at MSG
March 28 Rangers 4, Jets 2 at Winnipeg
2013 Rangers vs. Winnipeg
Feb. 26 Rangers vs. Jets at MSG
March 14 Rangers vs. Jets at Winnipeg
April 1 Rangers vs. Jets at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 26 Rangers vs. Winnipeg, 7 p.m.
Feb. 28 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
March 3 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
March 5 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.
March 7 Rangers at N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
* Darroll Powe has missed three games with a concussion, suffered on Feb. 17.
* Rick Nash has missed three games with an injury.
* Arron Asham has missed two games with an injury.
* Michael Del Zotto has missed one game with an inury, suffered on Feb. 21.
* Michael Sauer has missed 17 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 37 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|