The Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their third meeting this month. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 8-8-2 (18 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Winnipeg Jets, 4-3, on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, to begin a four-game homestand. The Blueshirts have recorded at least a point in four of their last six home games (3-2-1). The Lightning enter the contest with a 9-9-1 (19 pts) record to rank ninth in the Eastern Conference, and have lost three of their last four games. Following tonight’s contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday, Mar. 3, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), as they continue their four-game homestand.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 213.
Rangers vs. Lightning Pregame Notes
* Seven of the last nine meetings between the Rangers and Lightning have been decided by one goal, including five that required extra time and two that went into the shootout.
* The Rangers have registered a point in 15 of their last 18 games against the Lightning (11-3-4 over the span), dating back to a 2-1 win at Tampa Bay on Oct. 4, 2008.
* Henrik Lundqvist has started 28 of the Rangers' last 30 contests against Tampa Bay, posting a record of 15-7-6 with a 2.12 GAA, .924 Sv% and two shutouts over the span.
* New York is tied for ninth in the NHL with a 6-4-1 (13 pts) record at home; Tampa Bay is tied for 23rd in the NHL with a 3-5-0 (6 pts) mark on the road?.
* The Rangers are 3-1-0 vs. the Southeast Division this season; the Lightning are 1-6-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* Tampa Bay lists one former Ranger on its roster: Adam Hall (2006-07).
* Rangers' Head Coach John Tortorella served as Lightning Head Coach from 2000-01 to 2007-08, posting a record of 239-222-36-38 in 535 games while guiding Tampa Bay to four consecutive Stanley Cup Playoff appearances, two Southeast Division Championships (2002-03, 2003-04) and the franchise's only Stanley Cup Championship in 2003-04; Rangers' Assistant Coach Mike Sullivan served as an assistant coach with the Lightning in 2007-08 and 2008-09
All Time -- Rangers vs. Lightning
At MSG: 23-13-2-4
At Tampa Bay: 18-17-3-2
2013 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay
Feb. 2 Rangers 3, Lightning 2 at Tampa
Feb. 10 Rangers 5, Lightning 1 at MSG
Feb. 28 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 28 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
March 3 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
March 5 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.
March 7 Rangers at N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
March 8 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
* Ryan McDonagh has missed one game with an injury, suffered on Feb. 23.
* Rick Nash has missed four games with an injury.
* Arron Asham has missed three games with an injury.
* Michael Del Zotto has missed two games with an inury, suffered on Feb. 21.
* Michael Sauer has missed 17 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 42 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|