The Rangers face-off against the Ottawa Senators tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to complete their back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 12-8-2 (26 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the New York Islanders, 2-1, in overtime on Thursday night at Nassau Coliseum, to extend their winning streak to four games. The Blueshirts have posted a record of 0-2-0 in the second game of back-to-back sets this season. The Senators enter the contest with a 12-8-4 (28 pts) record to rank sixth in the Eastern Conference, and have lost their last four games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Washington Capitals on Sunday, Mar. 10, at Verizon Center (12:30 p.m.), to begin a four-game road trip.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 92.
Rangers vs. Senators Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have registered at least one point in 11 of their last 16 games against the Senators, posting a record of 8-5-3 over the span.
* The Blueshirts and Senators have been separated by one goal in four of their last six meetings, with three of those games ending in the shootout.
* Henrik Lundqvist has appeared in 27 of the Rangers' last 28 meetings with Ottawa, dating back to Dec. 26, 2005.
* New York ranks fourth in the NHL with a 9-4-1 (19 pts) record at home; Ottawa ranks 24th in the NHL with a 3-7-2 (8 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 4-3-1 vs. the Northeast Division this season; the Senators are 3-2-2 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* New York lists one former Senator on their roster: Matt Gilroy (2011-12).
All Time -- Rangers vs. Senators
At MSG: 14-21-0-2
At Ottawa: 19-14-3-2
2013 Rangers vs. Ottawa
Feb. 21 Rangers 2, Senators 3 (SO) at Ottawa
March 8 Rangers vs. Senators at MSG
March 28 Rangers vs. Senators at Ottawa
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 8 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
March 10 Rangers at Washington, 12:30 p.m.
March 12 Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
March 14 Rangers at Winnipeg, 8 p.m.
March 16 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m.
* Marc Staal has missed one game with an injury, suffered on March 5.
* Brad Richards has missed two games with an injury, suffered on March 3.
* Arron Asham has missed seven games with an injury.
* Michael Sauer has missed 22 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 53 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|