The Rangers will face-off against the Winnipeg Jets tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 16-15-3 (35 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 3-0, on Saturday at Bell Centre, to complete their three-game road trip with a 1-2-0 record. New York has recorded a point in five of their last seven games at MSG (4-2-1). The Jets enter the contest with an 18-16-2 (38 pts) record to rank third in the Eastern Conference, and have lost five of their last eight games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday, Apr. 3, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 92.
Rangers vs. Jets Pregame Notes
* The Rangers' 2-1 victory over the Jets on Oct. 24, 2011, was the team's first win in Winnipeg since a 5-4 victory against the previous Winnipeg Jets franchise on Nov. 21, 1992.
* New York is tied for 15th in the NHL with a 10-6-2 (22 pts) record at home; Winnipeg ranks seventh in the NHL with a 10-7-2 (22 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 6-3-1 vs. the Southeast Division this season; the Jets are 6-4-1 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers list no former Jets on their roster.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Jets
At MSG: 9-10-1-5
At Atlanta/Winnipeg: 14-7-0-4
2013 Rangers vs. Winnipeg
Feb. 26 Rangers 3, Jets 4 at MSG
March 14 Rangers 1, Jets 3 at Winnipeg
April 1 Rangers vs. Jets at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
April 1 Rangers vs. Winnipeg, 7 p.m.
April 3 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
April 5 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
April 6 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
April 8 Rangers at Toronto, 7 p.m.
* Marc Staal has missed 13 games with an injury, suffered on March 5.
* Michael Sauer has missed 34 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 86 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|