The Rangers face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m), to begin a home-and-home set. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank ninth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 17-15-3 (37 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Winnipeg Jets, 4-2, on Monday at Madison Square Garden, and have now registered a point in six of their last eight home games (5-2-1). The Penguins currently own a 28-9-0 (56 pts) record to rank first in the Eastern Conference, and had a 15-game winning streak snapped on Tuesday night when they fell 4-1 to Buffalo. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Penguins on Friday, Apr. 5, at CONSOL Energy Center (7:00 p.m.), to complete their home-and-home set.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Penguins Pregame Notes
* New York ranks 12th in the NHL with an 11-6-2 (24 pts) record at home; Pittsburgh ranks third in the NHL with a 13-4-0 (26 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 6-5-1 vs. the Atlantic Division this season; the Penguins are 11-4-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers list one former Penguin on their roster: Arron Asham (2010-11 to 2011-12).
* Pittsburgh lists one former Ranger on its roster: Pascal Dupuis (2006-07).
All Time -- Rangers vs. Penguins
At MSG: 65-50-9-3
At Pittsburgh: 52-54-14-5
2013 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
Jan. 20 Rangers 3, Penguins 6 at MSG
Jan. 31 Rangers 0, Penguins 3 at MSG
March 16 Rangers 0, Penguins 3 at Pittsburgh
April 3 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
April 5 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
April 3 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
April 5 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
April 6 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
April 8 Rangers at Toronto, 7 p.m.
April 10 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.
* Marc Staal has missed 14 games with an injury, suffered on March 5.
* Michael Sauer has missed 35 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 88 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|