The Rangers face-off against the Florida Panthers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to begin a back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 21-17-4 (46 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Philadelphia Flyers, 4-2, on Tuesday at Wells Fargo Center, and are now 5-2-1 in their last eight games. The Panthers enter the contest with a 13-23-6 (32 pts) record to rank 15th in the Eastern Conference, and have lost four of their last five games. Following tonight’s contest, the Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, Apr. 19, at First Niagara Center (7:00 p.m.), to complete their back-to-back set.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 213.
Rangers vs. Panthers Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have won eight of their last 12 games against the Panthers, having outscored Florida, 32-19, over the span
New York is tied for 11th in the NHL with a 13-6-2 (28 pts) record at home; Florida ranks 27th in the NHL with a 6-13-1 (13 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 8-3-1 vs. the Southeast Division this season; the Panthers are 5-7-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers list one former Panther on their roster: Steve Eminger (2008-09).
* Florida lists no former Rangers on its roster.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Panthers
At MSG: 21-14-4-0
At Florida: 20-13-2-4
2013 Rangers vs. Florida
March 21 Rangers 1, Panthers 3 at MSG
April 18 Rangers vs. Panthers at MSG
April 23 Rangers vs. Panthers at Florida
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
April 18 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
April 19 Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
April 21 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 3 p.m.
April 23 Rangers at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
April 25 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
* Marc Staal has missed 21 games with an injury, suffered on March 5.
* Derek Dorsett has missed seven games due to a broken clavicle, suffered on March 7.
* Michael Sauer has missed 42 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 109 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|