The Rangers face-off against the New Jersey Devils today at Madison Square Garden (3:00 p.m.), in their 2013 regular-season finale. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 25-18-4 (54 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Carolina Hurricanes, 4-3, in overtime on Thursday at PNC Arena to clinch a spot in the playoffs, and are now 9-3-1 in the month of April. The Blueshirts are one of two Eastern Conference teams, along with Pittsburgh, to qualify for the playoffs seven times since 2005-06. The Devils enter the contest with a 19-18-10 (48 pts) record to rank 10th in the Eastern Conference, and have won four of their last five games. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are scheduled to begin with games on Tuesday, Apr. 30
Tune in Today
Today's game will be televised nationally on NBC. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Devils Pregame Notes
* The Rangers and Devils have been separated by two goals or less in 15 of their last 20 meetings.
* The Rangers have registered a point in 15 of their last 22 games against the Devils (13-7-2 over the span), dating back to a 3-0 win at Madison Square Garden on Mar. 30, 2009.
* New York ranks ninth in the NHL with a 15-6-2 (32 pts) record at home; New Jersey ranks 22nd in the NHL with a 6-9-8 (20 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 9-6-2 vs. the Atlantic Division this season; the Devils are 10-5-2 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers list one former Devil on their roster: Arron Asham (2007-08).
* New Jersey lists no former Rangers on its roster.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 57-30-20-2
On Road: 46-55-7-4
2013 Rangers vs. New Jersey
Feb 5 Rangers 1, Devils 3 at New Jersey
March 19 Rangers 3, Devils 2 at New Jersey
April 21 Rangers 4, Devils 1 at MSG
April 27 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
April 27 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 3 p.m.
* Marc Staal has missed 26 games with an injury, suffered on March 5.
* Brian Boyle has missed five games with an injury, suffered on April 16.
* Derek Dorsett has missed 12 games due to a broken clavicle, suffered on March 7.
* Ryane Clowe is out with an injury, suffered on April 25.
* Michael Sauer has missed 47 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 129 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.
|Back to top ↑|