The Rangers face-off against the Washington Capitals tonight at Verizon Center (8:00 p.m.), in Game 7 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal matchup. The series is currently tied at three games apiece, following a 1-0 win in Game 6 on SUnday at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers enter the contest with a 211-229-8 record all-time in 448 playoff contests (119-88-2 at home; 92-141-6 on the road). New York has posted a 5-5 record all-time in Game 7 of playoff series, including a 5-1 mark since 1992.
Tune in Tonight
Today's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 7 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Capitals Pregame Notes
* Ten Rangers have previously registered points in Game 7s –- Martin Biron (assist), Ryan Callahan (assist), Dan Girardi (goal), Roman Hamrlik (one goal, five assists), Taylor Pyatt (goal), Brad Richards (one goal, three assists), Marc Staal (goal), Michael Del Zotto (one goal, one assist), Derek Stepan (assist), and Carl Hagelin (two assists).
* The Rangers have come back from a 3-2 series deficit to advance in the playoffs twice before – in the 2012 Conference Quarterfinals against Ottawa and the 1994 Conference Final against New Jersey.
* The Rangers' 1-0 win in Game 6 was the 12th time in franchise history the Blueshirts posted a 1-0 victory in the postseason, and was the third time Henrik Lundqvist backstopped a 1-0 playoff win.
Rangers vs. Capitals Playoff History
The Rangers and Capitals are meeting in the playoffs for the eighth time overall and fourth time in five years, including a third consecutive season. Their last postseason encounter was in last year's Eastern Conference Semifinals, a series won by New York 4-3. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-4 playoff series record vs. the Capitals, posting a 22-25 mark in 47 postseason contests.
All Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,229
Goals against: 1,224
All Time Regular season -- Rangers vs. Capitals
At MSG: 48-38-9-3
At Washington: 39-48-9-3
2013 Rangers vs. Washington
Feb. 17 Rangers 2, Capitals 1 at MSG
March 10 Rangers 4, Capitals 1 at Washington
March 24 Rangers 2, Capitals 3 (SO) at MSG
Rangers-Capitals Series Results and Schedule
May 2 Rangers 1, Capitals 3 at Washington
May 4 Rangers 0, Capitals 1 (OT) at Washington
May 6 Rangers 4, Capitals 3 at MSG
May 8 Rangers 4, Capitals 3 at MSG
May 10 Rangers 1, Capitals 2 (OT) at Washington
May 12 Rangers 1, Capitals 0 at MSG
May 13 Rangers at Washington, 8 p.m.
* Ryane Clowe has missed one playoff game with an injury, suffered on May 10.
* Darroll Powe has missed three playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Michael Sauer has missed five playoff games (and the entire 48-game regular season) due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 17 total man-games to injuries or illness during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
|Back to top ↑|