The Rangers face-off against the Boston Bruins tonight at TD Garden (7:30 p.m.), in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. New York is coming off a 5-0 win on Monday at Verizon Center, in Game 7 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series against the Washington Capitals. The Rangers enter the contest with a 212-229-8 record all-time in 449 playoff contests (119-88-2 at home; 93-141-6 on the road). New York has posted a 44-48-5 record all-time in Game 1s.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. Tune in to MSG Network immediately following the game for complete postgame coverage. You can also catch the radio broadcast on Bloomberg Radio (AM 1130) and on satellite radio at XM 92.
Rangers vs. Bruins Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have won 11 of their last 15 regular season games against the Bruins, including seven of their last nine meetings, and are 22-7-2 against Boston since 2005-06.
* The Rangers are 12-3-0 in their last 15 regular season games against the Bruins at MSG, dating back to a 3-2 win on Nov. 20, 2005.
* The Blueshirts are 5-1-0 in their last six regular season games at TD Garden, having outscored the Bruins, 15-10, over the span.
* Henrik Lundqvist has started in 27 consecutive regular season games against Boston, dating back to Jan. 13, 2007.
* New York lists no former Bruins on its roster
Rangers vs. Bruins Playoff History
The Rangers and Bruins are meeting in the playoffs for the 10th time overall, and the first time in 40 years. Their last postseason encounter was in the 1973 Quarterfinals, a series won by New York 4-1. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-6 playoff series record vs. the Bruins, posting an 18-22-2 mark in 42 postseason contests.
All Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,234
Goals against: 1,224
All Time Regular season -- Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 143-119-55-0
At Boston: 106-164-42-2
2013 Rangers vs. Boston
Jan. 19 Rangers 1, Bruins 3 at Boston
Jan. 23 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (OT) at MSG
Feb. 12 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (SO) at Boston
Rangers-Bruins Series Results and Schedule
May 16 Rangers at Boston, 7:30 p.m.
May 19 Rangers at Boston, 3 p.m.
May 21 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, 7:30 p.m.
May 23 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, 7 p.m.
May 25 Rangers at Boston, TBD*
May 27 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, TBD*
May 29 Rangers at Boston, TBD*
* -- if necessary
* Ryane Clowe has missed two playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 10.
* Darroll Powe has missed four playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Marc Staal has missed four playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Michael Sauer has missed seven playoff games (and the entire 48-game regular season) due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 24 total man-games to injuries or illness during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
|Back to top ↑|