The Rangers face-off against the Boston Bruins today at TD Garden (3:00 p.m.), in Game 2 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. The Blueshirts trail in the series, 1-0, following a 3-2 overtime loss in Game 1 on Thursday at TD Garden. The Rangers enter the contest with a 212-230-8 record all-time in 450 playoff contests (119-88-2 at home; 93-142-6 on the road). New York has posted a 45-50-2 record all-time in Game 2s.
Tune in Today
Today's game will be televised nationally. Tune in to MSG Network immediately following the game for complete postgame coverage. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 92.
Rangers vs. Bruins Pregame Notes
* The Blueshirts are 2-0 in games when tallying a power play goal during the playoffs, and are 4-0 when not allowing a power play goal against.
* The Rangers did not tally a goal in three power play opportunities (5:35) in Game 1, and are now 2-31 (6.4%) in the playoffs. New York is 0-2 in five-on-three situations (3:17; last - 5/12 vs. WSH), and 0-2 while skating four-on-three (0:23; last - 5/8 vs. WSH). Shorthanded goals allowed (0).
* Prior to Game 1, the last time the Rangers and Bruins played an overtime game in the playoffs was Mar. 27, 1958 (L, 3-4).
* Four of the remaining eight teams in the playoffs are Original Six teams, marking the second time this has happened since the NHL adopted the current playoff format in 1994 (2010).
Rangers vs. Bruins Playoff History
The Rangers and Bruins are meeting in the playoffs for the 10th time overall, and the first time in 40 years. Their last postseason encounter was in the 1973 Quarterfinals, a series won by New York 4-1. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-6 playoff series record vs. the Bruins, posting an 18-23-2 mark in 43 postseason contests.
All Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,236
Goals against: 1,227
All Time Regular season -- Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 143-119-55-0
At Boston: 106-164-42-2
2013 Rangers vs. Boston
Jan. 19 Rangers 1, Bruins 3 at Boston
Jan. 23 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (OT) at MSG
Feb. 12 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (SO) at Boston
Rangers-Bruins Series Results and Schedule
(Boston leads series 1-0)
May 16 Rangers 2, Bruins 3 (OT) at Boston
May 19 Rangers at Boston, 3 p.m.
May 21 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, 7:30 p.m.
May 23 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, 7 p.m.
May 25 Rangers at Boston, TBD*
May 27 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, TBD*
May 29 Rangers at Boston, TBD*
* -- if necessary
* Ryane Clowe has missed three playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 10.
* Darroll Powe has missed five playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Marc Staal has missed five playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Michael Sauer has missed eight playoff games (and the entire 48-game regular season) due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 28 total man-games to injuries or illness during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
|Back to top ↑|