The Rangers face-off against the Boston Bruins tonight at TD Garden (5:30 p.m.), in Game 5 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. The Blueshirts trail in the series, 3-1, following a 4-3 overtime win in Game 4 on Thursday at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers enter the contest with a 213-232-8 record all-time in 453 playoff contests (120-89-2 at home; 93-143-6 on the road). New York has posted a 24-34 record all-time in Game 5s.
Tune in Tonight
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. Tune in to MSG Network immediately following the game for complete postgame coverage. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 212.
Rangers vs. Bruins Pregame Notes
* The Rangers tallied one goal in four power-play opportunities (7:05 power-play time) in Game 4, and are now 3-for-42 (7.1 percent) in the playoffs. New York is 0-for-2 in 5-on-3 situations and 0-2 while skating 4-on-3.
* The Rangers have lost only six times in regulation over their last 25 contests, including the final 14 games of the regular season.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted 30 or more saves in the playoffs 21 times, posting a 10-11 record with a 1.61 goals-against average, .951 save percentage and four shutouts in those games.
Rangers vs. Bruins Playoff History
The Rangers and Bruins are meeting in the playoffs for the 10th time overall, and the first time in 40 years. Their last postseason encounter was in the 1973 Quarterfinals, a series won by New York 4-1. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-6 playoff series record vs. the Bruins, posting a 19-25-2 mark in 46 postseason contests.
All Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,243
Goals against: 1,237
All Time Regular season -- Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 143-119-55-0
At Boston: 106-164-42-2
2013 Rangers vs. Boston
Jan. 19 Rangers 1, Bruins 3 at Boston
Jan. 23 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (OT) at MSG
Feb. 12 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (SO) at Boston
Rangers-Bruins Series Results and Schedule
(Boston leads series 3-1)
May 16 Rangers 2, Bruins 3 (OT) at Boston
May 19 Rangers 2, Bruins 5 at Boston
May 21 Rangers 1, Bruins 2 at MSG
May 23 Rangers 4, Boston 3 (OT) at MSG
May 25 Rangers at Boston, 5:30 p.m.
May 27 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, 7 p.m.*
May 29 Rangers at Boston, TBD*
* -- if necessary
* Anton Stralman has missed one game with an injury, suffered on May 21
* Ryane Clowe has missed six playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 10.
* Darroll Powe has missed eight playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Marc Staal has missed eight playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Michael Sauer has missed 11 playoff games (and the entire 48-game regular season) due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 41 total man-games to injuries or illness during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
|Back to top ↑|