Rangers 3, Tampa Bay 1
Monday, 10.29.2007 / 11:24 PM / News
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. JAGR -- NYR
2. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
3. B. SHANAHAN -- NYR
* Jaromir Jagr tallied the game-winning goal, on the power play, and added an assist to improve his team-leading totals to three goals and eight assists for 11 points in 11 games this season … With the goal, extended his goal-scoring streak to two games (two goals) … Has now recorded four multiple-point games on the season … Added a game-high, six shots on goal in 24:20 of icetime.
* Brendan Shanahan registered one goal and one assist, both on the power play, along with five shots on goal in 20:57 of icetime. He raised his career totals to 629 goals and 670 assists for 1,299 points and has notched two goals and two assists for four points in four games vs. the Southeast Division this season.
* Nigel Dawes notched his third goal of the season at 7:40 of the first period and added a plus-one rating. He now has three goals in his last three games.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 21 of 22 shots to pick up his fourth win of the season, and has only surrendered five goals in his last five games. He has allowed two goals or fewer in eight of 11 games this season.
* Chris Drury recorded two assists on the night, both on the power play, and won 15 of 22 faceoffs (68%) in 21:03 of icetime.
* Paul Mara collected an assist on Nigel Dawes’ first period goal and tied his season-highs in shots on goal (three) and blocked shots (three).
* Michal Rozsival picked up an assist on the game-winning goal and logged a game-high, 28:37 of icetime. He posted season-highs in shots (four) and icetime (28:37). Rozsvial leads all team defensemen with four assists and six points on the season.