Rangers 2, Washington 0
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
2. C. DRURY -- NYR
3. M. ROZSIVAL -- NYR
* Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 31 shots to record his third shutout of the season and 10th of his career. He improved his home record to 5-2-0, along with a 1.44 goals against average and .946 save percentage. This was the first time the Rangers shut out Washington since Dec. 18, 1995, when New York defeated the Capitals, 3-0 (Richter) at MSG.
* Chris Drury notched the game-winning goal, his second of the season, and added an assist in 21:59 of icetime. He also fired a season-high, eight shots on goal and won eight of 14 faceoffs (57%). Drury has now registered points in two consecutive games (one goal and two assists).
* Michal Rozsival recorded a power play goal at 9:34 of the third period and logged a game-high, 26:20 of icetime. The power play tally was the Rangers’ second, 5-on-3 goal of the season (first – S. Gomez at 19:00 of the third period, October 18 at Atlanta). New York improved to 3-0-0 in games he scores a goal.
* Marc Staal tallied his first career NHL point with an assist on Chris Drury’s second period goal at 6:45.
* Brendan Shanahan collected an assist on the game-winning goal and logged 21:09 of icetime. He has now recorded at least one point in three of the last four games (two goals and three assists).
* Scott Gomez picked up an assist on Michal Rozsival’s power play tally, raising his career total to 25 points in 28 regular season games vs. Washington (eight goals and 17 assists).
* After an NHL review, the second goal of the Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning game on October 29 has been awarded to Brendan Shanahan, assisted by Jaromir Jagr and Michal Rozsival. With his third point of the game, Brendan Shanahan registered his 1,300th career point (630 goals and 670 assists). He currently stands at 1,301 points following his assist vs. Washington, which ranks 29th all-time on the NHL scoring list.
* The Rangers have sold out 82 consecutive regular season games.