Rangers 2, New Jersey 1 (SO)
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
2. P. PRUCHA -- NYR
3. S. GOMEZ -- NYR
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped all three shootout attempts and turned aside 28 of 29 shots in regulation/overtime to record his third consecutive win and sixth of the season. He is now five for six (.833 save percentage) in shootouts this season. Lundqvist improved his career record to 13-8 in shootouts, stopping 74 of 93 attempts (.796 save percentage). He has held opponents to one goal or less in six of the last seven games, including three shutouts, and has allowed only six goals against in his last seven games.
* Petr Prucha tallied the game-deciding goal in the shootout and registered an assist in the win. He has now recorded an assist in each of the Rangers’ two games vs. the Devils this season (two assists).
* Scott Gomez notched the game’s first goal at 6:01 of the first period, recorded a team-high, five shots on goal and won 10 of 15 faceoffs (67%) in 17:14 of icetime. He has now registered a point in each of his last two games (one goal and one assist).
* Fedor Tyutin collected an assist and blocked a team-high, four shots on goal in 21:55 of icetime. He also dished out four hits and posted a plus-one rating.
* Sean Avery dished out a team-high, five hits and logged 13:29 of icetime in his return to the lineup after missing the last 10 games with a grade-two shoulder separation of the left shoulder sustained on Oct. 6 at Ottawa.
* With the win, New York has now recorded at least one point in four of the last five games, posting an 4-1-0 record during the stretch
* The Blueshirts improved their record to 6-2-0 in eight home contests this season. Last season, the Rangers posted 3-4-1 record after eight games at MSG.
* The Rangers held the Devils scoreless in three power play opportunities to extend their current streak to 19 consecutive successful penalty kills.
* The Rangers have sold out 83 consecutive regular season games.