Rangers 4, Pittsburgh 3 (OT)
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. M. ROZSIVAL -- NYR
2. S. CROSBY -- PIT
3. J. STRUDWICK -- NYR
* Scott Gomez picked up the second assist on the game-winning goal to extend his scoring streak to nine games. Gomez has registered 12 points (two goals and 10 assists) over the span. He has also registered an assist in seven straight games and is now within two games of tying his career-high 10-game scoring streak. The Rangers' team record for longest point-scoring streak is 17 games by Brian Leetch in 1991. Leetch also set the Rangers record with assists in 15 consecutive games during that run.
* Strudwick's game-winner was his first goal since Jan. 28, 2006, and only the second game-winning goal of his NHL career.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 20 shots for his 11th victory of the season and his third victory in four nights.
* Defenseman Michal Rozsival scored twice in the second period. The two goals tied Rozsival's single-game career-high, set on Feb. 10, 2007. Rozsival has now scored three goals in three games vs. the Penguins this season.
* Sean Avery, who recorded one assist, now has seven points in his last five games.
* Fedor Tyutin recorded an assist and led the Rangers with four shots on goal.
* Ryan Hollweg recorded his first point of the season, assisting on Roszival's first goal 49 seconds into the second period
* Defenseman Dan Girardi scored his second NHL goal and played a major role in shutting down Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby in the final two periods and overtime.
* The last time the Rangers won five games in a row came during a stretch from March 17-25, 2007. That was one of two five-game winning streaks during the 2006-07 season. The Rangers' last six-game winning streak came in February of 2006, just before the start of that year's Olympics.