GAME NOTES: Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders
Download complete game notes >>* *
(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Today's game will be televised by MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on WABC (770 AM).
Rangers vs. Islanders Pre-Game Notes:
* The Rangers are 8-4-0 at MSG this season; The Islanders have posted a 4-5-0 record in nine road contests.
* The Rangers are 7-4-0 against the Atlantic Division this season; The Islanders are 7-3-0 vs. Atlantic Division opponents.
* In their last 16 games, the Rangers have posted an 11-4-1 record, including a 6-3-0 record at home over the span.
* The last time the Rangers defeated the Islanders at home was a 2-1 shootout win on March 5, 2007.
* The Rangers lead the league with a 1.84 goals against average; San Jose ranks second in the category with a 2.05 goals against average.
* The Blueshirts have posted a 10-3-1 record when scoring first and are 7-0-1 when leading after the first period.
* The Rangers are 6-0-1 in the seven games Petr Prucha has registered a point and have posted a 5-1-0 mark when Fedor Tyutin tallies a point.
* Chris Drury (three games) and Paul Mara (two games) lead the Blueshirts with one goal and one assist for two points in the season series.
* In the last 19 games vs. the Islanders, Jaromir Jagr has registered 10 goals and 18 assists for 28 points; Martin Straka has collected 23 points (10 goals and 13 assists) in the last 17 games.
* Jaromir Jagr (Dec. 30, 1999 and Oct. 20, 2005), Brendan Shanahan (Dec. 3, 2006) and Martin Straka (Mar. 29, 2006) have combined for four career hat tricks vs. the Islanders.
* Michal Rozsival has picked up five points (three goals and two assists) in the last six games.
* Chris Drury is two goals shy of 200 career goals; Scott Gomez needs three assists to reach 350 career assists; Paul Mara is two assists shy of 150 career assists.
* Tomas Zaborsky, the Rangers' fifth round pick (137th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, has registered 13 goals and 15 assists for 28 points, along with 22 penalty minutes and a plus-two rating in 24 games with the Saginaw Spirit of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) this season; He currently ranks third on the team in scoring with 28 points and has picked up 18 points (11 goals and seven assists) in the last 13 games.
* The Rangers have three former Islanders on their roster; Martin Straka (1995-96), Jason Strudwick (1995-96, 1997-98) and Steve Valiquette (1999-00).
* The Islanders roster lists one former Ranger; Chris Simon (2003-04).
All-Time - Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 58-35-11-1
At Long Island: 39-58-8-1
2007-08 – Rangers vs. Islanders
Oct. 10 Rangers 1, Islanders 2 at Nassau Coliseum
Nov. 6 Rangers 2, Islanders 3 at Nassau Coliseum
Nov. 19 Rangers 1, Islanders 2 at MSG
Nov. 29 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 4 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 6 Rangers vs. Islanders at Nassau Coliseum
April 3 Rangers vs. Islanders at Nassau Coliseum
April 4 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
Upcoming Regular Season Schedule
Nov. 29 Rangers vs. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 1 Rangers at Ottawa, 2 p.m.
Dec. 3 Rangers vs. Carolina, 7 p.m.
Dec. 6 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.
Dec. 7 Rangers at Atlanta, 7:30 p.m.
Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 2-2-1
Last 10 NYR games: 6-3-1
* Sean Avery is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left wrist today.
* Ryan Callahan suffered a grade-two knee sprain on October 23 at Pittsburgh and has missed the last 16 games.
* Marek Malik suffered bruised ribs/back on November 1 vs. Washington and has missed the last 12 games.
* The Rangers have lost 56 manpower games to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
After having won two out of three games during Thanksgiving week, the Wolf Pack stand a season-high six games above the .500 mark, at 13-7-0-1 for 27 points. The Pack had their first four-game winning streak of the season snapped last Wednesday at the Hartford Civic Center, in a first-place showdown with Providence (Boston affiliate), losing by a count of 3-2. They recovered, though, to down Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate) on the road Friday night, 5-3, their sixth straight victory at Bridgeport. Saturday night the Wolf Pack saw a 2-1 lead slip away late in the third period at home vs. Lowell (New Jersey affiliate), but recovered to win in overtime by a score of 3-2. The Pack have now won six of their last seven outings and eight of their last 10. Ken Gernander’s club returns to action tomorrow night (7:05), when they start a three-game weekend with a visit to Worcester (San Jose affiliate). The Wolf Pack have back-to-back home games Saturday night (7:00) vs. Springfield (Edmonton affiliate) and Sunday (4:00) against Portland (Anaheim affiliate).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit <a href="http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com">www.hartfordwolfpack.com</a>.
Individual highlights of the Pack's recent games included:
Artem Anisimov scored a PPG in Saturday night’s victory over Lowell, and assisted on Pierre Parenteau’s OT-GWG. He has points in a personal season-best five straight games (2-4-6).
Hugh Jessiman notched the Wolf Pack’s first goal, and earned Second-Star honors, in Saturday night’s triumph over Lowell, giving him points in four of his last five games (2-2-4). He has 4-5-9 in his last 10 games.
Pierre Parenteau tallied the OT-GWG Saturday night vs. Lowell and had an assist, in a First-Star performance. Has registered at least a point in a Wolf Pack season-high seven straight games (4-6-10), to take over the team point-scoring lead. Scored both Wolf Pack goals in last Wednesday’s 3-2 home loss to Providence (Second Star).
Corey Potter registered two assists in the Pack’s win Saturday night against Lowell, including the primary assist on the OT-GWG.
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.