Rangers 4, N.Y. Islanders 2
Thursday, 11.29.2007 / 10:35 PM / News
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. JAGR -- NYR
2. B. DUBINSKY -- NYR
3. C. DRURY -- NYR
* Jaromir Jagr registered two points (one goal and one assist) to earn First Star honors. He has recorded a goal in each of the last two games, and leads the team with seven multi-point finishes this season.
* Brandon Dubinsky posted a career-high, two points (one goal and one assist) and won 12 of 17 faceoffs (71%). He has now registered three points (one goal and two assists) in the last two games.
* Chris Drury registered one goal and one assist, both on the power play, and logged a team-high among forwards, 21:05 of icetime. He has notched four power play points (three goals and one assist) in the last three games.
* Scott Gomez notched the game-winning goal and extended his scoring streak to three games, registering three points (one goal and two assists) over the span.
* Martin Straka recorded two assists in 19:15 of icetime. The assists were his first points scored since returning from injury on November 23 at Florida.
* Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 22 of 24 shots en route to his 13th win of the season. He has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 16 of 23 games this season, including 10 of 13 contests at MSG, and is 11-4-0 in his last 15 games with a 1.72 goals against average, a .932 save percentage and three shutouts.
* Brendan Shanahan collected an assist to extend his scoring streak to three games, recording three points (one goal and two assists) during the stretch … Has collected eight points (four goals and four assists) in his last eight games at MSG and eight points (three goals and five assists) in his last nine contests overall.
* Michal Rozsival registered a power play assist on Scott Gomez’s game-winning goal at 16:20 of the second period. He has collected five points (three goals and two assists) in his last five games.
* Dan Girardi picked up an assist and fired four shots on net in a team-high, 22:21 of icetime.
* The Rangers have sold out 88 consecutive regular season games.