POST-GAME NOTES: Rangers 3, Minnesota Wild 6
Thursday, 12.20.2007 / 10:59 PM / News
New York Rangers
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. M. GABORIK -- MIN
2. P. DEMITRA -- MIN
3. B. BURNS -- MIN
* Michal Rozsival scored his eighth goal of the season in the first period. He has scored more goals than any other defenseman in the NHL this season and is 1-5-6 in his last three games.
* Scott Gomez extended his point-scoring streak to seven consecutive games with an assist on Martin Straka’s second period goal. Gomez is 3-6-9 during the streak, which is three games shy of his career high.
* Jaromir Jagr recorded two assists for his first multiple-point game in 10 outings.
* The Rangers surrendered three power-play goals, the most they have allowed in a game this season.
* Minnesota’s Marian Gaborik set a Wild franchise record by scoring five goals in the game -- the first time the Rangers have allowed that many since Mario Lemieux tallied five goals against them on April 9, 1993.