POST-GAME NOTES: Rangers 4, Montreal Canadiens 3 (OT)
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. B. SHANAHAN -- NYR
2. C. DRURY -- NYR
3. A. KOVALEV -- MTL
* Brendan Shanahan notched the game-winning goal at 1:06 of the overtime period and posted a plus-three rating. He passed Dave Andreychuk for sole possession of 11th place on the NHL’s all-time goals list (641 goals).
* Chris Drury registered the game-tying goal at 14:09 of the third period, and added an assist on the overtime game-winning goal, to earn Second Star honors. In his last eight games, has collected three goals and five assists for eight points.
* Jaromir Jagr notched a goal and posted a plus-two ratin. He extended his scoring streak to seven games, registering four goals and eight assists for 12 points and a plus-six rating over the span.
* Scott Gomez collected two assists to extend his career-high scoring streak to 12 games, registering four goals and 13 assists for 17 points during the stretch.
* Dan Girardi tallied a goal and added an assist on the overtime, game-winning goal. He also posted a season-high, plus-three rating in 18:05 of icetime.
* Martin Straka recorded an assist and posted a plus-two rating. He has tallied nine points (three goals and six assists) in the last seven games.
* Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 18 shots to improve his record to 13-7-0 at Madison Square Garden this season.
* Michal Rozsival registered an assist and logged a team-high, 23:26 of icetime. He has registered nine points (two goals and eight assists) and a plus-four rating in his last nine games.
* Sean Avery tallied an assist and has registered 11 points (two goals and nine assists) in his last 14 games. Since becoming a Ranger on February 5, New York has posted a record of 29-11-7 in 47 games with him in the lineup.
* Paul Mara collected an assist and logged 19:42 of icetime. He has registered an assist in each of the last two games.
* The Blueshirts won 41 of 60 faceoffs for a winning percentage of 68%, led by Drury (15 of 21 - 71%), Gomez (12 of 22 - 55%), Blair Betts (9 of 11 - 82%), Brandon Dubinsky (4 of 5 - 80%), and Ryan Hollweg (1 of 1 - 100%).
* The Rangers have sold out 96 consecutive regular season games.