POST-GAME NOTES: Rangers 2, Buffalo Sabres 1
Wednesday, 01.16.2008 / 10:19 PM / News
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. P. PRUCHA -- NYR
2. B. DUBINSKY -- NYR
3. B. BETTS -- NYR
* Petr Prucha notched the game-winning goal and added an assist. He has registered four points (two goals and two assists) in the last three games.
* Brandon Dubinsky tTallied a goal and an assist and posted a plus-two rating. He was recently named to represent the Eastern Conference, along with teammate Marc Staal, in the NHL YoungStars game.
* Henrik Lundqvist made 23 saves to post his 20th win of the season. He has held opponents to two goals or fewer in 23 games this season.
* Nigel Dawes collected an assist and posted a plus-two rating. He has recorded three points (one goal and two assists) and a plus-3 rating in the last three games.
* Paul Mara registered an assist to extend his assists streak to three games
* Wednesday night marked the Rangers' 100th consecutive regular season sell-out. The streak began on Nov. 5, 2005 vs. the New Jersey Devils. Including seven games from the 2006 and 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Rangers have sold out 107 consecutive games. On September 17, 2007 it was announced that individual game tickets for the 2007-08 season sold out in less than one hour, which is believed to be the fastest season sell-out in team history. The Rangers look to extend their sell-out streak when they face-off against the Boston Bruins on Sunday, January 20 (12:30 p.m.).