POST-GAME NOTES: Rangers 5, Buffalo Sabres 1
Recap | Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. B. DUBINSKY -- NYR
2. S. AVERY -- NYR
3. J. JAGR -- NYR
* Brandon Dubinsky notched one goal and two assists for three points, along with a plus-three rating. His three points tied a career-high, and he established a new career-high in plus/minus (plus-three). He also won 10 of 18 faceoffs (56%).
* Sean Avery tallied two goals and posted a plus-two rating. His first goal set a new record for the fastest goal to start a game at MSG (0:10). He has registered five points (four goals and one assist) in the last five games.
* Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 29 shots for his 25th win of the season. He has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 27 games this season.
* Jaromir Jagr collected two assists and posted a plus-three rating in 18:44 of icetime. He leads the team with 14 multi-point games this season. Jagr passed Dave Maloney for 39th on the Rangers All-Time scoring list with 297 points (114 goals and 183 assists) in 255 games.
* Brendan Shanahan registered one goal in his return to the lineup after missing the last five games with a leg injury suffered on Feb. 1 at New Jersey. He has tallied three goals in his last four games.
* Ryan Callahan recorded one goal and a game-high, nine hits. He has notched a goal in each of the last two home games, and has posted a plus or even rating in 17 of his last 18 contests.
* Chris Drury collected an assist and won 11 of 15 faceoffs (73%). He has registered nine points (six goals and three assists) in the last eight games.
* The Blueshirts tallied four first-period goals for the first time since March 7, 2003 at Philadelphia.
* The Rangers have sold out 106 consecutive regular season games.