POST-GAME NOTES: Rangers 2, San Jose Sharks 1
Sunday, 02.17.2008 / 4:34 PM / News
New York Rangers
Recap | Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. C. DRURY -- NYR
2. R. CALLAHAN -- NYR
3. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
* Chris Drury registered the game-winning goal, added an assist and posted a plus-two rating. He has notched seven goals in the last nine games.
* Ryan Callahann notched two goals, six shots and delivered a game-high, seven hits. He has tallied at least one goal in each of the last two games (three goals), and has now registered a goal in three straight games at MSG (four goals).
* Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 29 of 30 shots to improve to 2-0-0 with a 1.00 goals against average in two games this weekend. He stopped 58 of 60 shots during the back-to-back home set and has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 28 games this season.
* Martin Straka recorded two assists, including one on Chris Drury’s power play, game-winning goal in the second period (5:44). He extended his assist streak to three games (four assists).
* Scott Gomez collected an assist to extend his scoring streak to four games, recording five points (one goal and four assists) over the span.
* Brendan Shanahan tallied an assist on Ryan Callahan’s first period goal (11:34). He is now tied with Brad Park for 50th on the NHL’s all-time assists list.
* The Rangers have sold out 107 consecutive regular season games.