Rangers 5, Philadelphia Flyers 4 (SO)
Sunday, 03.02.2008 / 4:04 PM / News
New York Rangers
Recap | Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. B. SHANAHAN -- NYR
2. S. VALIQUETTE -- NYR
3. J. CARTER -- PHI
* Brendan Shanahan collected an assist and notched the game-deciding goal in the shootou. He extended his scoring streak to seven games, recording eight points (four goals and four assists) over the span.
* Stephen Valiquette stopped 17 shots and turned aside two of two shootout attempts after entering the game at the start of the second period. He increased his shutout streak vs. Philadelphia to 157:45, prior to the Flyers’ goal at 11:49 of the third period.
* Martin Straka notched one goal and added an assist. He has now tallied at least one point in the last four games at MSG, registering seven points (two goals and five assists) over the span.
* Fredrik Sjostrom tallied his first goal as a Ranger since being acquired from Phoenix in a trade on Tuesday. He also registered a game-high, six shots on net.
* Christian Backman registered his first goal as a Ranger at 1:51 of the second period. He also delivered three hits in 18:32 of icetime.
* Marek Malik collected two assists and logged a season-high, 25:07 of icetime. He has recorded four points (one goal and three assists) in the last two games at MSG.
* Jaromir Jagr tallied one assist on Straka’s power play goal at 4:20 of the first period. He extended his scoring streak to five games, registering eight points (two goals and six assists) over the span.
* Scott Gomez tallied an assist to extend his scoring streak to three games, recording five points (one goal and four assists) over the span. He has collected at least one point in eight of the last nine games, registering 11 points (two goals and nine assists) during the stretch.
* Ryan Callahan recorded one goal to extend his home scoring streak to five games, collecting six points (five goals and one assist) during the stretch.
* The Rangers have sold out 109 consecutive regular season games.