Rangers 1, Boston Bruins 0 (SO)
Sunday, 03.09.2008 / 6:49 PM / News
New York Rangers
Recap | Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
2. A. AULD -- BOS
3. N. DAWES -- NYR
* Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 29 shots through regulation/overtime, and stopped three of three shootout attempts to record his ninth shutout of the season. His nine shutouts are the most by a Rangers goalie since Ed Giacomin in 1966-67 (nine). Lundqvist is now tied for the league lead in shutouts.
* Nigel Dawes notched the game-deciding goal in the shootout and delivered three hits. He has successfully converted his last three shootout attempts (March 2 vs. Philadelphia and March 4 vs. NY Islanders).
* Jaromir Jagr registered a game-high, six shots on net and logged 20:19 of icetime. He has registered nine points (two goals and seven assists) in the last eight games. Jagr's 20:19 of icetime was a team-high among forwards.
* Scott Gomez recorded a game-high, four takeaways and won 11 of 15 faceoffs (73%). He has a 66 percent faceoff winning percentage in the last five games, winning 45 of 68 faceoffs over the span.
* Dan Girardi blocked a game-high, four shots and dished out three hits in 22:24 of icetime.
* The Blueshirts have registered a point in each of the last 12 games, posting a 9-0-3 record over the span. The Rangers are 14-3-3 in their last 20 games, including a 7-2-1 mark at MSG during the stretch.
* The Rangers have sold out 111 consecutive regular season games.