Rangers 3, Buffalo Sabres 2 (SO)
Recap | Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. POMINVILLE -- BUF
2. B. DUBINSKY -- NYR
3. P. GAUSTAD -- BUF
* The Rangers won in the shootout for the second straight day. Three of their last four wins in the past eight days have come via the shootout. New York is 7-6 in 13 shootout contests this season.
* The Rangers are 10-0-3 in their last 13 games, earning at least one point in the standings in each one. That is their longest such streak since going 14 straight games with at least one point during the Stanley Cup championship season of 1993-94. The team record is 19 games in the Stanley Cup season of 1939-40.
* New York is 15-3-3 in its last 21 matches overall, and 8-0-2 in its last 10 road games.
* Henrik Lundqvist made 19 saves to record his 32nd victory of the season, and the 99th of his three-year NHL career.
* Defenseman Fedor Tyutin scored New York’s first goal early in the first period. It was his fifth goal of the season, and his first in 42 games since scoring against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Dec. 6. Tyutin and center Blair Betts each recorded a team-high five shots on goal in the game.
* Jaromir Jagr netted his 18th goal of the season, and the 639th of his brilliant career.
* Defenseman Michal Rozsival logged a team-high 27:29 of ice-time and blocked three shots.
* Jason Strudwick was back in the lineup with fellow defenseman Marek Malik ill. Strudwick recorded four hits in just under 15 minutes of ice-time.