Rangers 2, Pittsburgh Penguins 1 (OT)
Monday, 03.31.2008 / 10:31 PM / News
New York Rangers
Recap | Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. C. DRURY -- NYR
2. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
3. R. CALLAHAN -- NYR
* Chris Drury notched the overtime, game-winning goal, and added an assist in 22:20 of icetime. In the last seven games, he has recorded eight points (two goals and six assists), including one goal and six assists in the last four home games during the stretch. Monday night's goal was his fourth career, game-winner in overtime. His 22:20 of icetime was a game-high among forwards.
* Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 21 of 22 shots to improve his record to 36-24-8, including a 24-12-2 mark at MSG. He has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 38 of 69 games this season.
* Jaromir Jagr tallied a goal and an assist, both on the power play, and recorded a team-high, five shots on goal. He has registered six points (three goals and three assists) in the last five games.
* Scott Gomez recorded an assist on Drury's game-winning goal in overtime. He has collected three assists in the last three games since returning from an upper body injury on March 27 vs. New Jersey.
* Brendan Shanahan collected a power play assist at 11:43 of the second period. He has notched a point in each of the last two games at MSG (one goal and one assist).
* Ryan Callahan registered four shots on goal and delivered a game-high, eight hits to earn Third Star honors.
* The Blueshirts notched two goals in five power play attempts. In the last three games, New York has registered five goals in 12 chances with the man advantage (41.7%).