Rangers 3, N.Y. Islanders 0
Thursday, 04.03.2008 / 10:08 PM / News
New York Rangers
Recap | Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. JAGR -- NYR
2. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
3. M. ROZSIVAL -- NYR
* With the win, the Rangers clinched a spot in the playoffs for the third consecutive season.
* The Rangers were 2-for-7 on the power play, and the club now has scored seven power play goals in the past four games.
* Jaromir Jagr scored a pair of goals, and he now has five in his last six matches. It was his second two-goal of the season. The other was on Dec. 26 vs. Carolina.
* Henrik Lundqvist earned his 37th victory of the season, equaling his career-high set last season. He also tied the franchise record for most games started by a goaltender in one season, by making his 70th start. He shares the record with Ed Giacomin, Gump Worsley, and Johnny Bower.
* The shutout was Lundqvist’s 10th of the season, and he now leads the NHL in that category.
* Martin Straka had his 14th goal and an assist. He is 2-4-6 in his last eighth matches.
* Brandon Dubinsky recorded a pair of assists, and he is now 5-12-17 in his last 21 contests.
* Michal Rozsival also picked up two assists, while blocking a team-high four shots.
* With Brendan Shanahan out of the lineup with a lower body injury, Petr Prucha played on the
second line centered by Scott Gomez.
* Jason Strudwick dressed for the first time in 8 games, and played left wing on the fourth line.