Rangers 2, New Jersey Devils 1
POST-GAME NOTES: STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 2
Saturday, 04.12.2008 / 2:04 AM / News
New York Rangers
Recap | Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
2. J. JAGR -- NYR
3. S. AVERY -- NYR
* The Rangers scored a pair of third-period goals on Friday and have now outscored the Devils 5-1 in the third period in this series so far, and 12-2 in the final stanza when counting both the regular season and the post-season.
* The Rangers are up 2-0 in the series, and have now won nine of 10 games -- including the regular season -- against the Devils this season.
* Jaromir Jagr scored his first goal of the 2008 postseason, and the 73rd playoff goal of his NHL career.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 26 of 27 shots and came within 1:23 of his secpnd career playoff shutout.
* Sean Avery scored his team-high second goal of the series, and it proved to be the game-winner 23 seconds after Jagr's goal early in the third period.
* Scott Gomez earned an assist on Avery's goal, and now has four assists in the series. He also led the team with 5 shots on goal on Friday night.
*Chris Drury led all forwards with 23:02 worth of ice-time.
*Brandon Dubinsky earned his first NHL playoff point by assisting on Jagr's goal. He also won 60 percent of his faceoffs.