Rangers 3, New Jersey Devils 4 (OT)
POST-GAME NOTES: STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 3
Monday, 04.14.2008 / 1:12 AM / News
New York Rangers
Recap | Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. MADDEN -- NJD
2. B. DUBINSKY -- NYR
3. J. JAGR -- NYR
* Brandon Dubinsky notched two goals, registered six hits and won 17 of 27 faceoffs (63%). His goal at 12:17 of the first period was his first career playoff tally. The last Rangers rookie to record two goals in a playoff game was Ryan Callahan, on April 17, 2007 in Game 3 of the 2007 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals vs. Atlanta (W, 7-0). Dubinsky has collected three points (two goals and one assist) in the last two games. His six hits tied for a team-high.
* Jaromir Jagr registered three assists in 21:58 of icetime to earn Third Star honors. He led all team forwards in icetime (21:58). Jagr has recorded a point in each of the last two games, collecting one goal and three assists for four points over the span.
* Sean Avery tallied a goal, on the power play, at 6:50 of the second period. He has registered at least one point in each of the Rangers’ three playoff contests (three goals and one assist).
* Martin Straka recorded two assists and two shots on net in 20:11 of icetime. In 14 career postseason matches vs. the Devils, has registered eight goals and nine assists for 17 points.
* Scott Gomez collected an assist, while skating in his 100th career postseason contest. He now has four assists in three playoff games this season. Gomez also delivered two hits and blocked one shot.
* Marc Staal delivered six hits and skated in a team-high, 26:33 of icetime. His six hits also tied for a team-high.
* Michal Rozsival blocked a game-high, three shots and logged 25:30 of icetime.