Game Notes: Rangers vs. Toronto
The Rangers face-off against the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.) in the first game of a back-to-back set vs. Original Six opponents. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 5-1-0, and rank first in the Eastern Conference with 10 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Sabres, 3-1, Wednesday at Madison Square Garden. Following tonight's match, the Rangers will travel to Detroit to face-off against the Red Wings, tomorrow, October 18, at Joe Louis Arena (7:00 p.m.) in their sixth game in nine days. The Maple Leafs, 1-1-1, currently rank 11th in the Eastern Conference standings with three points following a 5-4 shootout loss on Monday vs. the St. Louis Blues.
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple
Rangers vs. Maple Leafs Pre-Game Notes
* New York has posted a 25-11-5 record vs. Original Six Opponents since the 2005-2006 season, including a 7-5-0 mark vs. Toronto during the stretch.
* The Rangers are 3-1-0 at MSG this season; The Maple Leafs have posted a 1-0-0 record in one road contest.
* The Rangers are 0-1-0 against the Northeast Division this season; The Maple Leafs have not faced an Atlantic Division opponent this season.
* The Blueshirts tallied seven goals in 20 power play opportunities (35.0%) in four games vs. the Maple Leafs last season, including a 53.8% success rate (7-13) in the last two contests.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a 4-4-0 record with a 3.66 goals against average in eight career regular-season appearances vs. the Maple Leafs; In four career regular season appearances vs. Toronto, Steve Valiquette is 2-0-0 with a 1.79 goals against average.
* Scott Gomez led the Rangers with four assists in four games vs. the Maple Leafs last season; Petr Prucha tied for the team lead with two goals in four contests.
* Markus Naslund has recorded at least one point in 11 of his last 13 games against Toronto, registering 22 points (12 goals and 10 assists) over the span.
* Wade Redden has registered 38 points (10 goals and 28 assists) in 54 career games vs. the Maple Leafs; Markus Naslund has notched 29 points (13 goals and 16 assists) in 26 career games vs. Toronto; Scott Gomez has collected 26 points (seven goals and 19 assists) in 29 career contests vs. the Maple Leafs.
* Scott Gomez (Dec. 31, 2005 - Belfour) and Markus Naslund (Oct. 18, 2001 - Joseph) have each recorded a hat trick vs. the Maple Leafs.
* Henrik Lundqvist made his 200th career appearance on Wednesday vs. Buffalo.
* Ryan Callahan has recorded a point in each of the last two contests, registering two points (one goal and one assist) over the span.
* David Kveton, the Rangers' fourth round selection (104th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, has registered eight goals and five assists for 13 points in 15 games with HC Ocelari Trinec of the Czech Extraliga (CZE); He currently leads the team in goals scored (eight) and ranks third in points (13).
* New York lists no former Maple Leafs on their roster.
* Toronto's roster lists two former Rangers; Ryan Hollweg (2005-06 to 2007-08) and Dominic Moore (2003-04 to 2005-06)
All Time – Rangers vs. Maple Leafs
At MSG: 123-109-56-1
At Toronto: 88-160-39-1
2008-09 - Rangers vs. Maple Leafs
Oct. 17 Rangers vs. Maple Leafs at MSG
Nov. 1 Rangers vs. Maple Leafs at Toronto
Feb. 22 Rangers vs. Maple Leafs at MSG
Feb. 25 Rangers vs. Maple Leafs at Toronto
2007-08 – Rangers vs. Maple Leafs
Oct. 27 Rangers 1 vs. Maple Leafs 4 at MSG
Nov. 10 Rangers 3 vs. Maple Leafs 2 (SO) at Toronto
Dec. 6 Rangers 2 vs. Maple Leafs 6 at MSG
Dec. 29 Rangers 6 vs. Maple Leafs 1 at Toronto
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 17 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.
Oct. 18 Rangers at Detroit, 7 p.m.
Oct. 20 Rangers vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
Oct. 24 Rangers at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Oct. 25 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 4-1-0
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack began their twelfth season of play in the American Hockey League by splitting a pair of home games this past weekend. The Wolf Pack jumped out to a 3-0 first-period lead over Springfield (Edmonton afiliate) in the season opener Saturday, before the Falcons stormed back to score the final four goals of the game and pull out a 4-3 victory. The Wolf Pack lost despite outshooting Springfield by a total of 37-22. On Sunday vs. Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate), the Pack again enjoyed a significant shots advantage, 36-20, but had to go all the way to a shootout before knocking off the Sound Tigers by a score of 2-1. Hartford hits the road for the first time this weekend, with a two-game trip to the Province of Ontario. The Wolf Pack will be in Hamilton (Montreal affiliate) tonight (7:30), before heading on to Toronto (Maple Leafs affiliate) for a 7:00 game on Saturday.
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.