Game Notes: Rangers vs. Tampa Bay
The Rangers face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 10-4-1, and rank first in the Eastern Conference with 21 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Islanders, 2-1, on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, and have won four of their last six games. Following tonight's match, the Rangers will travel to Washington, D.C., to face-off against the Capitals on Saturday, November 8, at the Verizon Center (7:00 p.m.). The Lightning, 4-3-4, currently rank 10th in the Eastern Conference standings with 12 points, and have won four of their last six games.
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York.
Rangers vs Lightning Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 6-3-0 at home this season; The Lightning have posted a 2-1-1 record in three road contests.
* The Rangers are 3-0-0 against the Southeast Division this season; The Lightning have posted a 0-2-2 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* The Rangers have held opponents scoreless on the power play in 11 of 15 games this season, allowing just five goals in 59 times shorthanded (91.5%).
* The Blueshirts have tallied two goals in 11 power play opportunities (18.2%) vs. the Lightning this season.
* The Rangers have won five of their last seven games vs. the Lightning for a record of 5-2-0 during the stretch.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a 8-4-2 record with a 1.84 goals against average and one shutout in 14 career regular season appearances vs. the Lightning; In two games this season, Lundqvist is 2-0-0 with a 1.00 goals against average.
* In the season series, Scott Gomez leads the team with three points and two assists, and Markus Naslund (one goal and one assist) and Wade Redden (one goal and one assist) are tied for second on the club with two points apiece.
* Scott Gomez has registered 30 points (nine goals and 21 assists) in 34 career games vs. the Lightning; Wade Redden has notched 22 points (eight goals and 14 assists) in 44 career games vs. Tampa Bay; Markus Naslund has recorded 16 points (seven goals and nine assists) in 23 career contests vs. the Lightning.
* Rangers defensemen have combined to record 14 points (one goal and 13 assists) in the last four games.
* Dan Girardi enters tonight's contest riding a three-game scoring streak, registering three points (one goal and two assists) over the span.
* Markus Naslund has recorded eight points (four goals and four assists) in the last seven games.
* David Kveton, the Rangers' fourth round selection (104th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, has registered 10 goals and seven assists for 17 points in 18 games with HC Ocelari Trinec of the Czech Extraliga; Kveton currently ranks second on the team in goals (10), third in points (17) and fourth in assists (seven); His seven assists and 17 points are Czech Extraliga career-highs for the third-year player, while his 10 goals is tied for his career-high after just 18 games.
* New York's roster lists one former Lightning player; Paul Mara (1998-99 to 2000-01).
* Tampa Bay's roster lists three former Rangers; Adam Hall (2006-07), Marek Malik (2005-06 to 2007-08) and Jason Ward (2005-06 to 2006-07).
All Time – Rangers vs. Lightning
At MSG: 18-12-2-2
At Tampa Bay: 14-14-3-1
2008-09 - Rangers vs. Lightning
Oct. 4 Rangers 2 vs. Lightning 1 at Prague
Oct. 5 Rangers 2 vs. Lightning 1 at Prague
Nov. 6 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
Nov. 26 Rangers vs. Lightning at Tampa
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 6 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Nov. 8 Rangers at Washington, 7 p.m.
Nov. 10 Rangers vs. Edmonton, 7 p.m.
Nov. 12 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Nov. 15 Rangers vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 3-2-0
Last 10 NYR games: 5-4-1
* The Rangers have lost three manpower games due to injury or illness this season.