Game Notes: Rangers vs. Boston Bruins
The Rangers face-off against the Boston Bruins tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.) in an Original Six matchup. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 12-5-2, and rank first in the Eastern Conference with 26 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Devils, 5-2, on Wednesday at the Prudential Center, and have earned a point in three of their last four games (2-1-1). Following tonight's match, the Rangers will face-off against the Ottawa Senators on Monday, November 17, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Bruins, 10-3-3, currently rank second in the Eastern Conference standings with 23 points, and have won their last five games.
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York.
Rangers vs Bruins Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 7-3-1 at home this season; The Bruins have posted a 5-2-2 record in nine road contests.
* The Rangers are 1-2-0 against the Northeast Division this season; The Bruins have posted a 0-0-1 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* New York has notched six goals in 21 power play attempts over the last four games for a success rate of 28.6%.
* Last season, the Rangers held the Bruins to two goals against in 22 power play opportunities (90.9%) in four contests.
* The Blueshirts have recorded a point in 11 of their last 12 meetings with the Bruins (9-1-2), dating back to a 3-2 win on November 20, 2005 at MSG.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a 8-1-2 record, along with a 1.31 goals against average and three shutouts in 11 career regular season appearances vs. the Bruins; Lundqvist recorded two shutouts in four games vs. Boston last season.
* In four contests vs. the Bruins last season, Scott Gomez tied for the team lead with one goal and two assists for three points.
* Chris Drury has registered 31 points (11 goals and 20 assists) in 35 career games vs. the Bruins; Gomez has notched 24 points (eight goals and 16 assists) in 30 career games vs. Boston; Wade Redden has recorded 18 points (four goals and 14 assists) in 58 career contests vs. the Bruins.
* Drury has notched five goals and six points in the last four games.
* Dan Girardi enters tonight's contest riding a three game assist streak (four assists), and has registered seven points (one goal and six assists) in the last seven games.
* Marc Staal is looking to skate in his 100th NHL contest tonight.
* Nikolai Zherdev is three points shy of 200 career points.
* Gomez is two assists shy of 400 career assists.
* Bobby Sanguinetti, the Rangers' first round selection (21st overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, has registered one goal and six assists for seven points in 13 games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL); Sanguinetti leads all team defensemen and is tied for fourth on the club overall in points (seven), and is also tied for second on the Wolf Pack in assists (six).
* The Rangers have two former Bruins on their roster; Paul Mara (2006-07) and Colton Orr (2003-04, 2005-06); President and General Manager Glen Sather (1966-67 to 1968-69) and Vice President and Assistant General Manager Jim Schoenfeld (1983-84) have also played for the Bruins.
* Boston's roster lists two former Rangers; Marc Savard (1997-98 to 1998-99) and Aaron Ward (2006-07).
All Time – Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 136-117-55-0
At Boston: 100-160-42-2
2008-09 - Rangers vs. Bruins
Nov. 15 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG
Jan. 31 Rangers vs. Bruins at Boston
March 8 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG
April 4 Rangers vs. Bruins at Boston
2007-08 – Rangers vs. Bruins
Oct. 20 Rangers 0 vs. Bruins 1 (SO) at Boston
Jan. 19 Rangers 3 vs. Bruins 4 (SO) at Boston
Jan. 20 Rangers 1 vs. Bruins 3 at MSG
March 9 Rangers 1 vs. Bruins 0 (SO) at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 15 Rangers vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
Nov. 17 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
Nov. 19 Rangers vs. Vancouver, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 22 Rangers at Ottawa, 3 p.m.
Nov. 24 Rangers vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m.
Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 2-2-1
Last 10 NYR games: 6-3-1
* Scott Gomez has missed one contest with a leg injury.
* The Rangers have lost four manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack remain winless on the road, now 0-3-0-1, after a 3-2 loss at Grand Rapids (Detroit affiliate) on Friday night, in the first-ever meeting between the two clubs. That was the first game of a stretch that sees the Wolf Pack play five out of seven games, and nine out of 12, away from home. Ken Gernander’s team finished a seven-game homestand, the longest in the history of the franchise, with a 4-3 overtime win over Springfield (Edmonton affiliate) last Saturday night. The Pack went 5-2-0 in those seven home games. The Wolf Pack will visit the Lake Erie Monsters (Colorado affiliate) for the first time on Sunday (3:00), before returning home Wednesday (7:00) to battle first-place Portland
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.