Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Phoenix
2009-10 Season Game No. 12 at Madison Square Garden
The Rangers face-off against the Phoenix Coyotes tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently rank second in the Atlantic Division standings, and fourth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 7-3-1 (15 pts.). New York enter tonight's contest having been defeated by Montreal, 5-4, in overtime on Saturday at Bell Centre to suffer their third straight loss after winning their previous seven games. Phoenix enter the contest with a 6-3-0 (12 pts.) record, and rank eighth in the Western Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will travel to Long Island to face-off against the Islanders on Wednesday, Oct. 28, at Nassau Coliseum (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup.
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 204.
Rangers vs. Coyotes Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are tied for seventh in the NHL at home with a record of 4-2-0 (eight pts.) in six games; the Coyotes have posted a record of 3-1-0 (six pts.) in four road games ranking 11th in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 2-1-0 vs. the Pacific Division; Phoenix has registered a 1-0-0 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist posted a record of 1-0-0 with a 1.00 goals against average in one appearance against Phoenix last season; Lundqvist is 2-0-0 with a 2.00 goals against average in two career regular-season contests vs. the Coyotes.
* Marian Gaborik leads the Rangers with 15 goals and 22 points in 24 career regular season games against Phoenix; Vinny Prospal has tallied a team-high, 11 assists in 18 career regular season contests vs. the Coyotes.
* Steve Valiquette made his NHL debut on Mar. 9, 2000 at Phoenix.
* New York lists one former Coyote on its roster: Enver Lisin (2006-07 to 2008-09).
* Phoenix lists three former Rangers on its roster: Lauri Korpikoski (2008-09); Jason LaBarbara (2001-02 to 2003-04) and Petr Prucha (2005-06 to 2008-09).
All Time – Rangers vs. Coyotes
At MSG: 19-10-2-0
At Winnipeg/Phoenix: 15-13-4-0
2008-09 Series Recap
New York went 1-0-0 against Phoenix in 2008-09, including a 1-0-0 record at home. Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi tallied a power play goal and registered a team-high five shots in the season series.
2009-10 - Rangers vs. Phoenix
Oct. 26 Rangers vs. Coyotes at MSG
Jan. 30 Rangers vs. Coyotes at Phoenix
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 26 Rangers vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m.
Oct. 28 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m.
Oct. 30 Rangers at Minnesota, 8 p.m.
Nov. 1 Rangers vs. Boston, 1 p.m.
Nov. 3 Rangers at Vancouver, 10 p.m.
* Donald Brashear has missed two games with an injury, suffered on Oct. 21.
* The Rangers have lost 7 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (4-5-0-0, 8 pts.) started a five-game homestand with victories Saturday over Lowell (New Jersey affiliate), 5-3, and on Sunday vs. Worcester (San Jose affiliate), 4-3. That was after a 3-2 defeat at Adirondack (Philadelphia affiliate) Friday stretched a Pack losing streak to three games. The Wolf Pack are now 3-0-0-0 on home ice, 1-5-0-0 on the road. Hartford’s power play leads the league at 29.2 percent (14/48), and was 3-for-3 against Lowell in Saturday’s win. The Wolf Pack finish off the current homestand with three games this coming weekend, Friday (7:00) vs. defending Calder Cup-champion Hershey (Washington affiliate), Saturday (7:00) against Providence (Boston affiliate) and Sunday (3:00) vs. Manchester (Los Angeles affiliate).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.