Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Boston
2009-10 Season Game No. 15 at Madison Square Garden
The Rangers face-off against the Boston Bruins today at Madison Square Garden (1:00 p.m.), in an Original Six matinee matchup. The Blueshirts currently rank second in the Atlantic Division standings, and fourth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 8-5-1 (17 pts.). New York enter today's contest having been defeated by Minnesota, 3-2, on Friday at Xcel Energy Center to drop to 7-3-2 (16 pts.) in their last 12 regular season games away from MSG during the month of October dating back to last season. Boston enter the contest with a 6-5-1 (13 pts.) record, and rank ninth in the Eastern Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will travel to Vancouver to face-off against the Canucks on Tuesday, Nov. 3, at General Motors Place (10:00 p.m.), in the first game of a three-game Western Canadian road trip.
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Today!
Today's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on WABC (770 AM) and on satellite radio at XM 206.
Rangers vs. Bruins Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are tied for third in the NHL at home with a record of 5-2-0 (10 pts.) in seven games; the Bruins have posted a record of 2-1-1 (five pts.) in four road games tying for 18th in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 3-0-1 vs. the Northeast Division; Boston has registered a 1-1-1 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist posted a record of 2-2-0 with a 1.73 goals against average in four appearances against Boston last season; Lundqvist is 10-3-2 with a 1.42 goals against average and three shutouts in 15 career regular season contests vs. the Bruins.
* Vinny Prospal leads the Rangers with 12 goals and 32 points in 43 career regular season games against Boston; Chris Drury has tallied a team-high, 21 assists and 32 points in 39 career regular season contests against the Bruins.
* Ryan Callahan tallied his first career NHL goal on Mar. 17, 2007, against Boston.
* New York lists no former Bruins on its roster.
* Boston lists two former Rangers on its roster: Derek Morris (2008-09); Marc Savard (1997-98 to 1998-99).
All Time – Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 138-117-55-0
At Boston: 100-162-42-2
2008-09 Series Recap
New York went 2-2-0 against Boston in 2008-09, including a 2-0-0 mark at MSG. Each of their four meetings last season were decided by one goal, including a 3-2 shootout win for the Rangers on Nov. 15 at MSG.
2009-10 - Rangers vs. Boston
Nov. 1 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG
Jan. 4 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG
Jan. 9 Rangers vs. Bruins at Boston
March 21 Rangers vs. Bruins at Boston
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 1 Rangers vs. Boston, 1 p.m.
Nov. 3 Rangers at Vancouver, 10 p.m.
Nov. 5 Rangers at Edmonton, 9:30 p.m.
Nov. 7 Rangers at Calgary, 10 p.m.
Nov. 12 Rangers vs. Atlanta, 7 p.m.
* Marian Gaborik has missed two games with an injury, suffered on Oct. 26.
* Sean Avery has missed one game with an injury, suffered on Oct. 28.
* Christopher Higgins has missed one game with an injury, suffered on Oct. 28.
* The Rangers have lost 12 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
In the last two days the Wolf Pack (5-6-0-0, 10 pts.) have suffered their worst loss of the season, a 6-0 pounding at the hands of the Hershey Bears (Washington affiliate) Friday, and rebounded for their most lopsided shutout win ever, a 7-0 thumping of Providence (Boston affiliate) on Saturday. The Wolf Pack special teams have continued to be prevalent, with the power play going 3-for-5 on Saturday night to up its league-leading percentage to 29.8 percent, and the penalty kill leading the AHL in shorthanded goals, with five. The Pack have won three out of their last four games, and will look to get to the .500 mark today (3:00), as they finish off a five-game homestand by hosting Atlantic Division-leading Manchester (Los Angeles affiliate).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.