Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Florida
2009-10 Season Game No. 22 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 207.
Rangers vs. Florida Pre-Game Notes
The Rangers rank 17th in the NHL at home with a record of 6-4-0 (12 pts.) in 10 games; the Panthers have posted a record of 5-4-1 (11 pts.) in 10 road games tying for 10th in the league.
* New York have posted a record of 1-2-0 vs. the Southeast Division; Florida have registered a 2-2-1 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist posted a record of 1-2-1 with a 2.40 goals against average in four appearances against Florida last season; Lundqvist is 7-4-1 with a 2.03 goals against average and three shutouts, including his first career NHL shutout (Oct. 17, 2005), in 12 career regular season contests vs. the Panthers.
* Vinny Prospal leads the Rangers with 11 goals, 30 assists and 41 points in 53 career regular season games against Florida; Wade Redden leads all Ranger defensemen with 15 assists and 18 points in 46 career appearences vs. the Panthers.
* Ales Kotalik (Nov. 12, 2001) and Marc Staal (Oct. 4, 2007) both made their NHL debut against Florida.
* New York lists no former Panthers on their roster.
* Florida lists two former Rangers on their roster: Radek Dvorak (2000-01 to 2002-03) and Dominic Moore (2003-04 to 2005-06).
All Time – Rangers vs. Panthers
At MSG: 17-11-4-0
At Florida: 16-11-2-4
2008-09 Series Recap
New York went 1-2-1 against Florida in 2008-09, including a 0-2-0 mark at home. Three of their four meetings last season were decided by one goal, including two that went into the shootout.
2009-10 - Rangers vs. Florida
Nov. 21 Rangers vs. Panthers at MSG
Nov. 25 Rangers vs. Panthers at Florida
Dec. 23 Rangers vs. Panthers at MSG
April 3 Rangers vs. Panthers at Florida
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 21 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
Nov. 23 Rangers vs. Columbus, 7 p.m.
Nov. 25 Rangers at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 27 Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 28 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
* Chris Drury has missed three games with an injury, suffered on Nov. 7.
* Brandon Dubinsky has missed three games with an injury, suffered on Nov. 7.
* The Rangers have lost 23 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack have achieved a high-water mark for the season of four games above .500 (11-7-0-1, 23 pts.), after defeating the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh affiliate), 5-3, Thursday night at the XL Center. The night before in Hartford, the Wolf Pack scored late in the third period to earn a standings point against Binghamton (Ottawa affiliate), but ended up with a 2-1 shootout loss in their first shootout of the year. The Pack is unbeaten in regulation in four straight games (3-0-0-1), and has at least a point in eight of its last nine (7-1-0-1) and 10 of its last 12 (9-2-0-1). Ken Gernander’s squad is back in action tonight (7:30) at Syracuse (Columbus affiliate), and then travels to Lowell (New Jersey affiliate) Thanksgiving Eve (7:00).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.