Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
2009-10 Season Game No. 27 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 205.
Rangers vs. Penguins Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are tied for 22nd in the NHL at home with a record of 7-5-0 (14 pts.) in 12 games; the Penguins have posted a record of 9-5-0 (18 pts.) in 14 road games to rank fifth in the league.
* New York have posted a record of 1-4-0 vs. the Atlantic Division; Pittsburgh have registered a 4-3-0 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a record of 0-1-0 with a 3.05 goals against average in one appearance against Pittsburgh this season; Lundqvist is 15-10-3 with a 2.29 goals against average and two shutouts in 28 career regular season contests vs. the Penguins.
* Marian Gaborik leads New York with three points (one goal and two assists) in two games against Pittsburgh this season.
* Chris Drury leads the Rangers with 12 goals and 31 points in 35 career regular season games against Pittsburgh; Wade Redden has tallied a team-high 22 assists in 53 career appearences vs. the Penguins.
* Vinny Prospal (Mar. 8, 1997), Sean Avery (Mar. 2, 2002) and Brandon Dubinsky (Nov. 8, 2007) each recorded their 1st NHL goal against Pittsburgh.
* Michael Del Zotto and Matt Gilroy each made their NHL debut vs. Pittsburgh in the season opener on Oct. 2.
* New York lists one former Penguin on their roster: Michal Rozsival (1999-00 to 2002-03).
* Pittsburgh lists one former Ranger on their roster: Pascal Dupuis (2006-07).
All Time – Rangers vs. Penguins
At MSG: 63-43-9-1
At Pittsburgh: 47-51-14-5
2009-10 - Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
Oct. 2 Rangers 2, Penguins 3 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 28 Rangers 3, Penguins 8 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 30 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
Jan. 25 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
Feb. 12 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
March 4 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 30 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Dec/ 5 Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Dec. 6 Rangers vs. Detroit, 7 p.m.
Dec. 9 Rangers at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Dec. 12 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
* Wade Redden has missed two games with an injury, suffered on Nov. 25.
* Brandon Dubinsky has missed eight games with an injury, suffered on Nov. 7.
* The Rangers have lost 33 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (13-8-1-2, 29 pts.) have at least a standings point in four straight games (2-0-1-1), eight of their last nine (5-1-1-2) and 12 of their last 14 (9-2-1-2), after a 3-2 shootout loss at Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate) on Sunday. That game marked the Pack’s third straight trip to extra time, as they lost 3-2 in overtime at home to Providence (Boston affiliate) Saturday night and defeated Portland (Buffalo affiliate) 4-3 in overtime Friday in Hartford. The Wolf Pack began a four-games-in-five-days stretch with a 4-1 in Lowell (New Jersey affiliate) Wednesday. Ken Gernander’s club continues a string of four straight road games Friday (7:30) when they travel to Manchester (Los Angeles affiliate), and the Wolf Pack will visit Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (Pittsburgh affiliate) Saturday (7:05) and defending Calder Cup-champion Hershey (Washington affiliate) on Sunday (5:00).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.