Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Buffalo
2009-10 Season Game No. 31 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 208.
Rangers vs. Sabres Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 24th in the NHL at home with a record of 7-7-0 (14 pts.) in 14 games; the Sabres have posted a record of 7-4-0 (14 pts.) in 11 road games to rank 21st in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 6-0-1 vs. the Northeast Division; Buffalo has registered a 5-4-0 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a record of 1-0-0 with a 1.00 goals against average in one appearance against Buffalo this season; Lundqvist is 7-4-1 with a 2.27 goals against average in 12 career regular season contests vs. the Sabres.
* Ryan Callahan and Christopher Higgins lead the team with one goal apiece against Buffalo in the season series.
* Vinny Prospal leads the Rangers with 12 goals and 28 points in 45 career regular season games against Buffalo; Wade Redden has tallied a team-high 20 assists in 63 career appearances vs. the Sabres.
* Ilkka Heikkinen made his NHL debut against Buffalo on Dec. 5.
* New York lists two former Sabres on its roster: Chris Drury (2003-04 to 2006-07); Ales Kotalik (2001-02 to 2008-09).
* Buffalo lists no former Rangers on its roster
All Time – Rangers vs. Sabres
At MSG: 32-25-15-2
At Buffalo: 23-42-10-2
2009-10 - Rangers vs. Sabres
Dec. 5 Rangers 2, Sabres 1 at Buffalo
Dec. 12 Rangers vs. Sabres at MSG
March 7 Rangers vs. Sabres at MSG
April 6 Rangers vs. Sabres at Buffalo
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 12 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Dec. 14 Rangers vs. Atlanta, 7 p.m.
Dec. 16 Rangers vs. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 17 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 19 Rangers at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
* Brandon Dubinsky has missed 12 games with an injury, suffered on Nov. 7.
* The Rangers have lost 42 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (13-12-1-2, 29 pts.) saw a season-high winless streak reach six games (0-4-1-1) on Friday night, as they dropped a 5-2 decision to the Portland Pirates (Buffalo affiliate) in Hartford. The Pack have lost four straight in regulation, to fall to seventh place in the Atlantic Division. Both of the Wolf Pack’s goals last night were scored shorthanded, giving them a league-leading 10 shorthanded goals on the season. The loss was only the Pack’s second in regulation in 12 home games on the season (8-2-1-1), in the first of five straight at the XL Center. Ken Gernander’s club is back in Atlantic-Division action tonight (7:00), hosting Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate), before the Albany River Rats (Carolina affiliate) invade Hartford on Sunday (4:00).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.