Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Philadelphia
2009-10 Season Game No. 39 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG2. Click here for complete MSG2 channel listings. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 206.
Rangers vs. Flyers Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 27th in the NHL at home with a record of 8-9-2 (18 pts.) in 19 games; the Flyers have posted a record of 9-9-0 (18 pts.) in 18 road games to rank 20th in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 3-6-1 vs. the Atlantic Division; Philadelphia have registered a 5-4-1 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a record of 1-0-0 with a 1.00 goals against average in one appearance against the Flyers this season; Lundqvist is 12-5-0-2 with a 2.91 goals against average and two shutouts in 21 career regular season contests vs. the Flyers.
* Wade Redden leads the Rangers with 24 assists and 31 points in 51 career regular season games against the Flyers; Vinny Prospal has tallied a team-high 15 goals in 38 career regular season contests vs. Philadelphia.
New York lists two former Flyers on its roster: Donald Brashear (2001-02 to 2005-06) and Prospal (1996-97 to 1997-98, 2007-08).
* Philadelphia lists two former Rangers on its roster: Blair Betts (2005-06 to 2008-09); Ian Laperriere (1995-96).
All Time – Rangers vs. Flyers
At MSG: 54-44-23-4
At Philadelphia: 52-57-14-2
2009-10 - Rangers vs. Flyers
Dec. 19 Rangers 2, Flyers 1 at Philadelphia
Dec. 30 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
Jan. 21 Rangers vs. Flyers at Philadelphia
March 14 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
April 9 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
April 11 Rangers vs. Flyers at Philadelphia
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 30 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Dec. 31 Rangers at Carolina, 8 p.m.
Jan. 2 Rangers vs. Carolina, 1 p.m.
Jan. 4 Rangers vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
Jan. 6 Rangers vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
* Prospal had arthroscopic knee surgery on Dec. 28.
* The Rangers have lost 44 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (16-13-1-4, 37 pts.) start a three-game home week tonight (7:00) against Springfield (Edmonton affiliate), after taking three out of a possible four points in a pair of road games this past weekend. The Wolf Pack fell to 0-4 in shootouts with a 3-2 shootout defeat at Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate) Saturday, before rebounding to post a 4-3 overtime win in Springfield on Sunday. That was the Wolf Pack’s fourth victory in nine trips to OT. The Wolf Pack has won only three of its last 12 games (3-5-1-3), but has at least a standings point in five of its last six (3-1-0-2). After tonight, the Wolf Pack next play Bridgeport on Saturday (7:00), before hosting the Syracuse Crunch (Columbus affiliate) on Sunday (3:00).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.