Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Boston
2009-10 Season Game No. 42 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on Versus. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 204.
Rangers vs. Bruins Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are tied for 26th in the NHL at home with a record of 8-10-3 (19 pts.) in 21 games; the Bruins have posted a record of 8-6-4 (20 pts.) in 18 road games to rank 18th in the league.
* New York have posted a record of 6-1-1 vs. the Northeast Division; Boston have registered a 3-4-4 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a record of 1-0-0 with a 0.00 goals against average and one shutout in one game vs. the Bruins this season; Lundqvist is 11-3-2 with a 1.34 goals against average and four shutouts in 16 career regular season contests vs. Boston.
* Chris Drury has registered 21 assists and 32 points in 40 career regular season games against the Bruins; Wade Redden leads all team defensemen with 19 points (four goals and 15 assists) in 63 career regular season contests vs. Boston.
* New York lists no former Bruins on its roster.
* Boston lists two former Rangers on their roster: Derek Morris (2008-09) and Marc Savard (1997-98 to 1998-99).
All Time – Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 139-117-55-0
At Boston: 100-162-42-2
2009-10 - Rangers vs. Boston
Nov. 1 Rangers 1, Bruins 0 at MSG
Jan. 4 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG
Jan. 9 Rangers vs. Bruins at Boston
March 21 Rangers vs. Bruins at Boston
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 4 Rangers vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
Jan. 6 Rangers vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
Jan. 7 Rangers at Atlanta, 7 p.m.
Jan. 9 Rangers at Boston, 1 p.m.
Jan. 12 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.
* Vinny Prospal has missed three games with an injury suffered on Dec. 26.
* The Rangers have lost 47 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (19-13-1-4, 43 pts.) have reached a high-water mark for the season of six games over .500, and are unbeaten in regulation in a season-high five straight games (4-0-0-1), after their fourth straight win, a 2-1 shootout victory over Syracuse (Columbus affiliate) yesterday. The Wolf Pack trailed that game 1-0 after two periods, and also were behind going into the third frame of their 3-2 win vs. Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate) Saturday, after being 0-11-0-2 when trailing after two before Saturday. Sunday was also the Pack’s first shootout victory in five tries. Ken Gernander’s club has at least a point in eight of its last nine games (6-1-0-2), and will go for a season-high fifth consecutive win Wednesday (7:00), when the Wolf Pack takes on the Lowell Devils (New Jersey affiliate), in a game to be played at the Prudential Center in Newark. That starts a stretch of four straight and seven out of nine on the road for the Pack, who will then visit Worcester (San Jose affiliate) Friday (7:05), Albany (Carolina affiliate) Saturday (7:00) and Providence (Boston affiliate) Sunday (4:05).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.