Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
2009-10 Season Game No. 53 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on Versus. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 204.
Rangers vs. Penguins Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers have posted a record of 12-11-4 (28 pts.) in 27 home games; the Penguins have posted a record of 17-11-0 (34 pts.) in 28 road games.
* New York has posted a record of 3-8-2 vs. the Atlantic Division; Pittsburgh has registered a 9-6-0 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a record of 0-2-0 with a 3.56 goals against average in two appearances vs. Pittsburgh this season; Lundqvist is 15-11-3 with a 2.35 goals against average and two shutouts in 29 career regular season appearances vs. the Penguins.
* Chris Drury leads the team with 12 goals and 32 points in 36 career regular season contests vs. Pittsburgh; Wade Redden has tallied a team-high 22 assists in 53 career regular season appearances vs. the Penguins.
* Michael Del Zotto and Matt Gilroy each made their NHL debut vs. Pittsburgh in the season opener on Oct. 2.
* Three Rangers players -- Vinny Prospal (Mar. 8, 1997), Sean Avery (Mar. 2, 2002) and Brandon Dubinsky (Nov. 8, 2007) -- recorded their first career NHL goal against Pittsburgh.
* New York lists one former Penguin on itsroster: Michal Rozsival (1999-00 to 2002-03).
* Pittsburgh lists one former Ranger on its roster: Pascal Dupuis (2006-07).
All Time – Rangers vs. Penguins
At MSG: 63-44-9-1
At Pittsburgh: 47-51-14-5
2009-10 - Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
Oct. 2 Rangers 2, Penguins 3 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 28 Rangers 3, Penguins 8 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 30 Rangers 2, Penguins 5 at MSG
Jan. 25 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
Feb. 12 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
March 4 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 25 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Jan. 27 Rangers vs. Carolina, 7 p.m.
Jan. 30 Rangers at Phoenix, 8 p.m.
Jan. 31 Rangers at Colorado, 8 p.m.
Feb. 2 Rangers at Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m.
* The Rangers have lost 51 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (23-17-2-4, 52 pts.) were defeated 6-1 by the Manchester Monarchs (Los Angeles affiliate) on Sunday in Manchester, N.H., in their last outing. That marked only the fifth time in the last 18 games (10-5-1-2) that the Pack had failed to gain a standings point, after a 2-1 overtime loss at Springfield (Edmonton affiliate) on Saturday and a 3-2 overtime victory over Manchester at home on Friday. The three games this past weekend finished a stretch of seven out of nine on the road for the Wolf Pack, and they will now play three games this week at home, where they are 15-3-1-2 on the season. The Norfolk Admirals (Tampa Bay affiliate) visit the XL Center on Wednesday (7:00), the Lowell Devils (New Jersey affiliate) come to town on Friday (7:00), and the Wolf Pack face Manchester again on Saturday night (7:00). That game concludes a stretch of the schedule in which four of seven Wolf Pack games were against the Monarchs
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.