Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Phoenix
2010-11 Season Game No. 34 at Madison Square Garden
Download complete game notes >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 206.
Rangers vs. Phoenix Pre-Game Notes
* The Blueshirts rank 24th in the NHL at home with a record of 7-8-1 (15 pts) in 16 games; the Coyotes have posted a record of 8-5-2 (18 pts) on the road to rank ninth in the league.
* The Rangers have not faced a Pacific Division opponent yet this season; the Coyotes are 0-1-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted a record of 3-0-0 with a 2.00 goals against average in three career regular season games against the Coyotes; Martin Biron is 3-4-0-1 with a 2.38 goals against average and one shutout in nine career regular season contests vs. Phoenix.
* Alex Frolov has tallied a team-high, 21 goals, 14 assists and 35 points in 43 career regular season contests vs. the Coyotes; Marian Gaborik has registered 18 goals and 26 points in 26 career regular season games vs. Phoenix, including a team-high, three goals and four points in two games last season.
* New York lists one former Coyote on its roster: Brandon Prust (2009-10).
* Phoenix lists three former Rangers on its roster: Lauri Korpikoski (2008-09); Derek Morris (2008-09); Jason LaBarbera (2000-01 to 2003-04).
All Time – Rangers vs. Coyotes
At MSG: 20-10-2-0
At Winnipeg/Phoenix: 15-14-4-0
2009-10 Review -- Rangers vs. Phoenix
Oct. 26 Rangers 5, Coyotes 2 at MSG
Jan. 30 Rangers 2, Coyotes 3 at Phoenix
2010-11 Rangers vs. Phoenix
Dec. 16 Rangers vs. Coyotes at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 16 Rangers vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m.
Dec. 18 Rangers at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Dec. 23 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Dec. 27 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 29 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
* Vinny Prospal has missed 33 games with a knee injury.
* Derek Boogaard has missed three games with a shoulder injury.
* The Rangers have lost 98 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.